• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Em's Having Lipo!

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi All,

I've got my pre-op appointment tomorrow and I've been booked in to have lipo on my tummy and hips on Monday which I'm feeling very mixed about.

I'm SOOOOOO excited because hopefully it's going to get rid of my massive hips (Bleurgh!) and rectify the excess that's left over from my TT. But I'm also worried that as I have stretch marks on my tummy and hips my skin will not shrink and I will be left with excess resulting in yet another op. I've been hoping that Monday will be the end of almost 6 years of depression but can't help but have reservations.

:-/

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck Em

Im sure it will at least make some difference for you :confused:

Are you having it done locally or are you travelling far?

Look forward to hearing how it went! xx

Hiya Mazza,

I'm having it done as a follow up from my NHS TT. I'm only a 20 minute ride away from the hospital.

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday which all went ok. On my notes it stated 'Liposuction to lower abdomen post abdominoplasty'... No mention of hips...

Hmm... :-/

I'll have to talk to the Surgeon on Monday when he comes to draw on me and state how much I'm hoping this op will be closure on the whole episode. He's only ever seen me in my undies so I think I'll have to show him what I look like with my jeans on and done up so he can understand what I mean.

I think lipo following a TT is a fairly common procedure when a TT has been done following massive weight loss. Some surgeons do the TT and lipo at the same time, but mine doesnt like to do that and did say that if we werent happy with the results of the TT we could look at lipo to "tidy things up a bit"

I cant imagine that they will be taking so much away though that you will be left with loose skin again - otherwise I doubt he would be performing the lipo.

Hope all goes well for you hun x x

Morning all,

So.., I'm currently sitting in the Surgical Admissions Lounge waiting to be called for surgery. That's when I have to get changed into those yummy stockings and foam slippers... Mmm!

I've been awake since 4am, at the hospital since 6:15 and needless to say I am knackered!

I've seen the anaesthetist and one of the surgical team who confirmed that I'm having lipo to my lower abdomen and loins. Not a very technical term! Ha! Makes me sound like a bit of pork! I told him about the issue I have with my upper abdomen and he agreed he could see what I meant. He even wrote it down on the consent form...

I'm 3rd on the list so I SHOULD be going down at about 10:30.

Please let this be the last!

woop! good luck em :) x

Ermm... Yeah...

Still kinda waiting! Lol!

Got called to get changed at 9:30 and just as I was walking towards the lifts to go down to theatre got called back and told to wait.... Heard nothing since. Been sat in a cubicle in my gown freezing my bits off.

:-(

Ermm... Yeah...

Still kinda waiting! Lol!

Got called to get changed at 9:30 and just as I was walking towards the lifts to go down to theatre got called back and told to wait.... Heard nothing since. Been sat in a cubicle in my gown freezing my bits off.

:-(

in a cubicle? they havent forgotten you have they? :eek:

Morning,

So... Got taken down at 2pm only to be told my surgeon was in an emergency and that I had to go up to the ward to wait. Got left in the day room until 3:30pm which was when the had my bed ready. I slept until 4:30pm which was when I got taken down to theatre again and this time they done me! Lol! I remember being in recovery at 7:30pm and wandering down the corridor at 4am this morning to go to the loo. Got woken by the nurses at 8am and they say I'm pretty much ready to go home. Taken a couple of pics of my bruising so I'll post them now. Another thing I have found is that my lower lip has swollen on the left. I look like I've been punched! I guess it's maybe where it got caught on the breathing equipment.

Attachments

• image-2000140020.jpg
    image-2000140020.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image-5687279.jpg
    image-5687279.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3542959411.jpg
    image-3542959411.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 91
oh wow! can u see the difference already?
oh and speedy recovery :D xxx

I've been given my binder and I can see the difference when I take it off. I'm a bit lopsided but I will have to give it a little while to let it calm down and even itself out. I'll take some more pics soon and take some of when I'm standing.

look forward to seeing the pics, take care :) xxx

Wow and ouch!

I hope your not in too much pain, look forward to seeing some more pics soon x

Ouch, that looks sore... How does it compare pain wise to the TT?

And any idea how long they will keep you in for?

Get well soon hun x

was this surgery following weight loss after a gastric bypass?? how did you go about getting it on the nhs??
by the way you photos following surgery look fantastic you tummy looks really wash board tight, and this is just afer surgery, i to will look forwardto more pics. take care.

Hi all,

When I had my TT I stayed in hospital for a few days and was topped up with strong pain relief so it was quite bearable. I couldn't stand up straight and trapped a nerve in my knee so walking was a bit of a nightmare! Sleeping wasn't half as bad as I didn't have the pain so much in my hips so I could move a bit more and you've already seen the bruising I have there from the lipo. This time round I left hospital at about 2:30pm yesterday and have been prescribed Co-Drydramol which makes me feel more drowsy than anything. I mostly just feel really bruised and just touching is so painful so imagine how it feels to mess about with my binder? ? Where I've also had to sleep on my back all night I feel like someones been sitting on my tummy all night and squashed me! Lol! I'm gonna take my binder off for a minute and have a bit of a breather. Phew!

I have never had a bypass/band/sleeve. My TT was funded on the NHS due to severe psychological distress which was brought on post pregnancy. I approached my GP 3 times and the last attempt which was in May 2010 was when my TT journey started with visits to psychologists, psychiatrists, reports, funding application but mostly a whole lot of waiting. I met my Surgeon in Feb this year who told me he would only perform the op if I lost 10kgs in 6 months. I was so determined and with the help of my WLS friends I did it in 6 weeks and had my TT in May this year. The lipo is a follow on from the original op to tidy things up a bit. I have had a long journey and feel so very lucky to have had this happen for me so even though I am in a lot of pain I know I've fought for it and it's what I wanted. I don't regret one second of it.

Back