• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which Is Best?

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a mare deciding on the best support garment to wear after my TT.

At the seminar the Nurse recommended ones that go from under your boobs, all the way down into shorts because swelling could end up in your legs. So I bought 2 sets.

Then I remembered the photos in the seminar which showed the drains being at the very top of the legs so I went and bought 2 sets of garments that go from under your boobs into a pair of knickers.

But then reading a post yesterday I suddenly remembered that with both of the above garments they will need to be completely pulled down in order for me to go to the loo which might be too much for me to do initially. So I'm now thinking about going to get a couple of the garments that just go round your waist... But then I'm thinking about the swelling in my legs!

Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!! Help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Lol, round the waist until the drains are out then I had the ones from the boobs into shorts... Still wearing Mine 24 hours a day xxxx

While you are in hospital, you will probably be wearing a velcro fastened corset around your waist, but once you are discharged and your drains are removed you won't need to worry about the drains so you can wear your short thingys. I didn't have to provide my own compression garment, the hospital gave me elasticated tubular bandage things which only went around my middle to support my muscles and to reduce swelling.

Clair x

Last edited:
Back