• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Severe pain. Can anyone help please?

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
Can anyone suggest anything to help incredibly bad pain???

Got severe pain just below my ribcage and around my back. Is this the dreaded wind pain? Its hurting to breathe. Just had hiccups and now this intense feeling :(
Ive taken calpol but dont have anything else. Cant currently eat or drink anything. Not had it this bad even straight after the op :( Im 6 days out :(

Don't sound good, hope it eases soon x

Oh no.
I've had 'referred' pain after both my ops. It's horrendous and difficult to get rid of. My pain was in the left side of chest and shoulder both front and back. I'm dreading it as sure to get it again with my revision.
I think its like a bad indigestion. I used to take ranitidine and wave my arms up above my head. It slowly became less and less painful and infrequent.

Hope it passes soon.

If you are concerned get in touch with your team hun but It can take several weeks for any trapped wind /air to disperse and it can be quite painful. I found gently swaying to and fro, side to side would eventually shift it. My experience of dumping is similar and can last several hours. Feeling unwell, sicky, clammy, stomach cramps & palpitations then sleepy. I have a few triggers but if I eat or drink too quickly it can have the same effect. It's quite easy to forget to take things slow. X

I was just sick and brough up the calpol.

I think I just experienced my first dumping session :(

How is it possible to dump on calpol? :(

How long does this last?

Oh yuk. Calpol is bad enough on the way down !!
Is it sugar free?
Dumping is horrid. You don't know where to put yourself. Sweaty, dizzy, sicky, runny tummy and palpitations. Followed by exhaustion. It's rubbish.

It will pass soon enough.

I dumped the first time I took it because I swigged it back too quickly (20mls) :eek:

Tried laying on my back, back hurt even more. Turned onto my side and was sick again. Sorry for all the gory details! Didnt expect it to happen :(

Its the stuff they sent me home with from hospital :( yep, sugar free. Took it 5ml at a time in baby sips off the medicine spoon! Been fine with it up until now :( Needed it to ease the wound pain I already had. What a bloody waste of time :(

If it's trapped wind flick laying down isn't really going to shift it tbh. Gentle movement and walking around should eventually get it going though.
I have two different kinds of dumping experiences. If I eat too quickly or have something too sweet it can hit me within quarter of an hour and can last a couple of hours and ends up with me needing to shut my eyes for a bitty. The other type occurs when I have something that has a slightly higher fat content. It can be three four hours later before it hits me and I can hold the loo hostage for an hour before I feel better. I don't get the sleepies with the 2nd type but everything else is the same
If however you are unsure then phone your team for advice hun ;)

It doesn't sound like dumping to me hon. Sounds like you drank something a bit too fast. And then took the calpol on top of that.

Mum thought I was vomiting blood so called NHS Direct. A doctor came to visit me as a matter of urgency incase there was some kind of internal bleeding. Almost had to go back into A&E.

By the time he came my pain had subsided a little bit and my obs were normal. No pain where bleeding would have come from so he left satisfied but said if I experience the same pain over night to call 999 and go straight to hospital.

He couldn't say what it was so im none the wiser :(
Never EVER want to feel that again it was horrific :(

If I eat anything too quickly or that just doesn't agree with me i get a tremendous pain all around the top of my rib cage and back, then im normally sick! But I feel much better once im sick, its a whole new learning curve as to what I can and can't eat... And a constant reminder to eat/drink a LOT more slowly.

Hope its nothing serious in your case and yes go back to hospital if it re-occurs, always better safe than sorry. Take good care of yourself hun x

Oh My Im so sorry you are so unwell :/

Thank you everyone :)

Im much better today. Have been sipping milk all day only eaten a fromage frais and a quarter of a mashed banana, if that.
Been in bed watching TV and making jewellery :)

Cant think what it was that made me feel that way, it was horrible!

Glad you're feeling better xx

Back