• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shape Up Trainers

Id like your thoughts/experiences on 'shape-up' trainers please.

Am (eventually!:8855:) going to do some gentle running - are these just a fad, or will they help?

Thanks ;)

I have shape up trainers and ugg type boots. I don't know if they tone your legs but they are very comfortable once you get used to them. I'd sleep in my boots if DH would let me !
They are designed for walking though NOT running . Sketchers do do some running shoes but I haven't tried them.
It's very important you wear the correct shoes for your gate and that are designed for running, even as a beginner. If not you will get injured and also put yourself off lol !
If you google running shoes and gate it explains what to do to work out your gate. I did mine by stepping on the bathroom floor with wet feet and looking at the imprint. You also need to get shoes a size bigger than normal.
Now that I'm a bit more experienced I'll go for a gate analysis at a running shop and spend a bit more on my trainers .
Hope this helps
xx

I have a pair of Skechers tone-up trainers. There're a little like MBT shoes re. the heel to toe roll motion, but less rigid. Most of the info I have read about so called 'tone-up' shoes point to weight-loss claims as a marketing gimmick!
All I know is that since I bought my skecher's tone-ups, my posture has improved, I find walking much easier and my feet, hips & knees don't suffer as much. The comfort factor alone I would rate them very highly - I'm pleased I bought them.
Check-out Amazon prior to making a purchase as there's some useful customer feedback.

I have a pair of reebok easy tone trainers and they are good aswell. If you shop around on the Internet, you can get them quite cheaply.

I bought Davinia designed trainers from next that are pretty comfortable you do feel your legs tighten

I've purchased a pair of Avia motion tone trainers which are also comfortable but reminscent of Spice Girls platform shoes.

Well, Ive done some reading - all I can say is, Im clumsy enough as it is, I dont want to be breaking my ankle or whatever! :eek:

They are for walking, not running right? (be a bit of time before I attempt running!)

Hi I brought some sketches tone up .I cannot walk in them they make me feel unsteady like I'm going to fall over backwards.
Best trainers iv ever brought are saucony from m and m direct.stand on a piece of paper with wet feet and look on there website for the same gate picture and they tell u which ones to buy.good luck.

That's the whole point of the sketchers trainers. They challenge your balance, so your muscles have to work hard to keep you steady :)

... and why they are for walking not running ( the tone up o nes that is). You soon get used to walking in them and they have improved my posture too.
I have Brookes running shoes but you do need to buy the correct runners for your gate.
xx

Back