• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trainers advice please

jenny17

I am going to start in the gym in the next few weeks and also playing some racket sports, and I need a pair of trainers. I normally go for Skechers or Reebok as they are really comfortable, but the ones I have in my wardrobe are all fashion ones. Can anyone recommend some trainers for gym, running and general sport please?

My running ones are Adidas response stability....so comfy although look big n clumpy! Not the sort I'd have ever bought before but that was when I bought trainers just for show and not for purpose! Not expensive either....paid £40 from a jjb outlet store

Thanks very much:) I have never had Adidas ones before. I will give them a try:)

Hi

Everyone has their favourites depending as well on foot shape etc.

I have asics gel for running etc. I have very narrow feet and they fit me really well.

If you go to sports direct they have a platform near the trainers you stand on bare foot and it leaves a thermal image (free to use) and it shows what type of arch you have and exactly what shoe size you are to help choose. The staff are hit and miss sometimes but a couple of times I got really helpful staff who helped me choose.

Have a look on get the label. I bought a pair of £90 Reebok easy tone trainers on there for £30. They have other brands that are as cheap too.

Hi-Tec Silver Shaddows are a good all rounder and not too expensive. Theyre just all silvery grey in color but theyre comfortable, cushioned and probably one of the best pair of trainers Ive ever had.

Back