• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Share 2 or 3 things that have changed since your wls

flutterby1966

Just thought it may be interesting for pre and post oppers to share their experiences following weight loss surgery. Here goes, for a start ...

1. My feet have shrunk one size so far (better not loose too much, dont want to topple over LOL)
2. I feel the cold more now I lost have some of my excess padding

1. My relationship with my children (sons 13 and 7 and daughters 12 and 10) is a lot stronger. We have more fun together, getting out and about, even simple things like play fighting on the lounge floor, sitting on my son was not an option pre-bypass!!!! I share clothes with my 12 year old, we even have the same size feet now (I lost 2 shoe sizes!). I'm much more relaxed in my role as a parent and my children's behaviour has improved because I'm not so stressed. Their behaviour is also improved (not that they were ever really naughty) because their diet has improved too, less junk food around, less treats etc, I only bought it for them before as an excuse for me to eat it. I still buy them treats but they sit there for days, they aren't interested! A family who plays together, stays together!!!

2. My self confidence has changed for the better. I used to hate going out in public, walking into a room/shop of strangers was awful. Now I hold my head up high and make my presence known!

3. Another big change is that I got married in August. No way would I have gone though with that at 19+ stone. I have a wonderful, supportive husband whom I love dearly.

Everything. My confidence is growing by the day, I like what I see in the mirror for once, I can run up stairs, and down again. Sex is even better, my ankle that I sprained 2 years running is finally almost better with not having so much weight on it and I just feel fabulous.

Kate x

I never had surgery but i'm experiencing the same stuff:

I just cannot handle the cold anymore. I struggle really bad.
My feet seem to have shrunk at least 1 shoe size.
I used to cramp in my calf muscles a lot and can't remember the last time i did.

1. My relationship with my children (sons 13 and 7 and daughters 12 and 10) is a lot stronger. We have more fun together, getting out and about, even simple things like play fighting on the lounge floor, sitting on my son was not an option pre-bypass!!!! I share clothes with my 12 year old, we even have the same size feet now (I lost 2 shoe sizes!). I'm much more relaxed in my role as a parent and my children's behaviour has improved because I'm not so stressed. Their behaviour is also improved (not that they were ever really naughty) because their diet has improved too, less junk food around, less treats etc, I only bought it for them before as an excuse for me to eat it. I still buy them treats but they sit there for days, they aren't interested! A family who plays together, stays together!!!

2. My self confidence has changed for the better. I used to hate going out in public, walking into a room/shop of strangers was awful. Now I hold my head up high and make my presence known!

3. Another big change is that I got married in August. No way would I have gone though with that at 19+ stone. I have a wonderful, supportive husband whom I love dearly.
pahahahahaha :8855: :D xxx

Feeling the cold all the time (wore my coat all last summer and 4/5 layers in the winter :gen125:)

I have also grown an inch in height :confused::D

Not a lot has changed for me yet but it's early days! I will say though that I can now after a fashion cross my legs and the one on top doesn't cut off the circulation to the one trapped underneath anywhere near as quickly as it used to :)

H xx

Crossing my legs and it not being agony!

Not having to hold my breath to suck my stomach in when trying to put my socks on as quickly as possible!

Being able to reach all of my back when I'm in the shower!

Being able to scratch my own back!!
Feeling good in bed!
Loving clothes shopping, have been to the sales today and bought loads!
Mainly liking what I see in the mirror, losing weight is the best feeling ever!

I can now cut and paint my own toe nails :)

I have enough confidence to go swimming at my local pool :)

My 8 year old son compliments my 'new' outfit on me each day (a lovely lady local to me who is a post opper has kindly donated some of her unwanted clothes my way). Gives me a huge confidence boost :)

1. I can now cross my legs.
2. I can sit on the train, without encrouching on the seat next to me.
3. I had the confidence to loose my ex who was always putting me down.
4. I have lost a few friends on the way, but I appreciate the good ones who have supported me throughout
5. I feel sooooo good!

Well it might be easier to say what hasn't changed for me & I am not even half way there yet :)
I can walk for hours :)
I can get up & down from the floor with ease :)
I can play with my grandchildren without feeling like I have been run over :)
I can cross my legs with ease :)
I have NO aches or pains :)
I am not on any medication for Diabetes :)
I can buy clothes from NORMAL shops :)
Need I go on? :) It is fair to say the op has changed my life in ways I did not even imagine so any pre op peeps reading this, you will have doubts & even regrets when you are newly post op but when you are 3 month out as I am, life really is worth living xxx :):):)

Its really great to read all the positivity ... those little pounds lost can make all the difference

:grouphugg:

take care of the lb's and the stone's will take care of themselves :D xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Well it might be easier to say what hasn't changed for me & I am not even half way there yet :)
I can walk for hours :)
I can get up & down from the floor with ease :)
I can play with my grandchildren without feeling like I have been run over :)
I can cross my legs with ease :)
I have NO aches or pains :)
I am not on any medication for Diabetes :)
I can buy clothes from NORMAL shops :)
Need I go on? :) It is fair to say the op has changed my life in ways I did not even imagine so any pre op peeps reading this, you will have doubts & even regrets when you are newly post op but when you are 3 month out as I am, life really is worth living xxx :):):)

The thing on there I'm really looking forward to is crossing my legs lol (is that stupid lol) Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Ha that's a good quote! Xx

and i made it up all by myself :D hahahahaha gawd ignore me tonight, im on a bit of a high :) xxx

The thing on there I'm really looking forward to is crossing my legs lol (is that stupid lol) Xx

i sooo wanna be able to cross my legs :) and as ive said before, sorry peeps, i really wanna be able to wipe my bum without tearing a muscle lol :sick0019:

Back