• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my GP told me today that WLS has saved me

SOON SLIM SUE

types with one finger
so much has happened to me in the last 4 weeks i don't know where to start.
I've been wallowing in self pity for the last 3 weeks since being diagnosed with PMS "eating bad food and drinking", but today good news, my WLS has helped me, but no one believes me.
this is my story so far.
in august this year L&D took me off all my drugs for bp/cholesterol etc; and i had a clean bill of health for the first time in 25 years, i felt so good so fit and energetic i was invincible.
then in October i thought i had the flu "all aches and pains" instead of getting better i got worse until i couldn't get out of bed because of the pain, my hubby had to literally lift me out of bed and carry me down stairs "good job i had lost 8 stone, or he could not have done this for me" i felt better standing and walking than i did sitting and resting. hubby took me to Dr's and i had blood tests. the results were i have PMS "polymyalgia rheumatica" and was put on a high dose of steroids which seemed to work almost instantly "they are the ones that make you put weight on" but on the other hand one symptom of PMR is you loose weight "you wait for a bus for all these years and 2 come along at once, typical" so my weight lose ticker may go up and down.
anyway to cut a long story short, originally my blood test markers were 90 and today they are 34, i have to get to below 5 and then my steroids will be reduced gradually.
the good news is" and my GP told me this, my WLS is literally saved me without it i would still be in bed in pain with slow progress.

So sorry you've got this illness Sue, but also very thankful you had the surgery which has now 'officially' saved your life xx

Wow....loads of ups and downs for you lately......I hope you feel better and you soon get below the level 5 that means you can reduce the dreaded steroids. Good news about the WLS saving you :D Take care hun XX

I can fully understand Sue, after some similiarity in problems... it's great news for you and I'm going to be following in your footsteps Angel.. well done... loving hugs as always Sue... take care, Bev xxx

Wow, what a rollercoaster you have been on in the last months, it must have been a frightening and frustrating time for you. However, it is lovely to hear things seem to be improving for you on the health-front, and that your surgery really was a 'life-saving' benefit in addition to the weight loss. Btw, your hubby sounds a total angel in his support of you in this difficult time xxxx

You have done so well love and you will get better.
These things are sent to try us and we can only do as we are told and hope things improve.
Thinking of you xxxx

:wave_cry:
Hi Sue..
I am so glad you have posted this..it means you are turning the negativity around...;)
I am soooo pleased at your blood result...now you concentrate on you and getting better....

Well the last few months have been a real test for you...and you know if you ever want to chat,just give me a call Sue..
Thinking of you x x
I hope Erin is ok too xx

So sorry you've got this illness Sue, but also very thankful you had the surgery which has now 'officially' saved your life xx
please don't get me wrong, i didn't mean wls saved my life, i mean it has saved my quality of life.
if i was still 20 stone+ no way would my hubby be able to get me out of bed and down stairs where i have to do gentle exercises to get my blood pumping into my mussels. i can get out of bed and down stairs myself now.
as i am the only one on record that has had wls and then contracted pms they are watching my progress, and my GP was amazed at my results in such a short time.

Back