• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sleeve Journey

Lady Shaz

Well, today I am exactly 2 weeks post-op and I am truly feeling fantastic.
A few days ago I felt incredibly tired and couldn't seem to muster up any energy, plus I found I was beginning to crave some 'real' 'warm' food.
I went onto the puréed food stage 2 days early, and carefully ate a few spoons of porridge and later in the day, a yoghurt. The taste was divine.
The first week and a bit of the liquid stage was easy as I didn't fancy anything else, but it was beginning to get tedious, especially as I really don't enjoy milk or soup and was having to force it down.

But, at this point, it feels like I have turned a corner, so I'm going to start recording my losses and achievements.

This is my journey so far. I was first referred to the weight loss team at Heartlands Hospital in July 2014, weighing 127kgs (20 stone). I was told I needed to lose 5-10% of my body weight within 12 months, to get put forward for surgery on the NHS.
In April 2015, I went to an appointment weighing 121kgs (19st 1lb) and at this point was told I would be put forward for surgery. I attended a seminar giving me all the information on the 3 options I could choose from (bypass,band or sleeve) and in October saw my consultant and decided on the sleeve. I was initially told surgery would be January but I kept being told that there were more and more delays and that it would probably be July.

During these months my weight fluctuated between 119-123kgs.

When I got the call on April 13th I was told to start LSD 4 weeks before my surgery date, which was May 20th. I had just over a week to pig out on all the naughty things that I wouldn't be able to have anymore. Which I did, to a certain extent.

So here are the weights as they've happened.

Referral weight July 2014 - 20 stone
Start of LSD weight - 19st 1lb
Op day weight - 18 st 3.5lb
Todays weight (2weeks post op) - 17st 1.5lb.

It feels great to be on the losers bench!!!

Glad you are feeling well Shaz, I was only thinking of you the other day. isn't it a good feeling being on the losers bench. I can't believe how much energy I never want to sit still always finding something to do, mammoth spring clean today. Well done on your losses so far you are doing brilliantly xx

Sounds like you doing so well ! Congrats on your op and welcome to the losers bench in the best forum !

I was sleeved two weeks ago today too! I've just gone on to purée today and finding it a struggle. Didn't get much breakfast or lunch in so settling down for an upbeat protein drink this afternoon.

Well done on your fabulous losses. I've lost 9lb since surgery date. Need to eat more but finding it tricky just now.

Well done on your loses so far :)

Glad you are feeling well Shaz, I was only thinking of you the other day. isn't it a good feeling being on the losers bench. I can't believe how much energy I never want to sit still always finding something to do, mammoth spring clean today. Well done on your losses so far you are doing brilliantly xx

Thanks Lin, I look forward to having that much energy. I do feel loads better in myself but still getting very tired at the moment.
Hoes your loss going?

I was sleeved two weeks ago today too! I've just gone on to purée today and finding it a struggle. Didn't get much breakfast or lunch in so settling down for an upbeat protein drink this afternoon.

Well done on your fabulous losses. I've lost 9lb since surgery date. Need to eat more but finding it tricky just now.

It's hard to get much down at this stage isn't it? I've had s few spoons of porridge and a corner yoghurt today, so still trying to have milkshakes etc to boost calorie intake. I'm desperate to try real food now lol.
(And I so wish I could do a number 2, lol).

Good luck with your journey. This is s life changing thing!!

Hi Shaz, my loss is going great. Have now lost 5 stone and reached the target I had set. Love clothes shopping it's her a long time since I was able to even look at size 12, now I just pick them up and know they will fit. Don't think I want to lose much more to be honest and the dietician at the heartlands seems to agree and my Bmi is in the normal range. Just take it a day at a time. X

Hi Shaz, my loss is going great. Have now lost 5 stone and reached the target I had set. Love clothes shopping it's her a long time since I was able to even look at size 12, now I just pick them up and know they will fit. Don't think I want to lose much more to be honest and the dietician at the heartlands seems to agree and my Bmi is in the normal range. Just take it a day at a time. X

Well, today I am exactly 2 weeks post-op and I am truly feeling fantastic.
A few days ago I felt incredibly tired and couldn't seem to muster up any energy, plus I found I was beginning to crave some 'real' 'warm' food.
I went onto the puréed food stage 2 days early, and carefully ate a few spoons of porridge and later in the day, a yoghurt. The taste was divine.
The first week and a bit of the liquid stage was easy as I didn't fancy anything else, but it was beginning to get tedious, especially as I really don't enjoy milk or soup and was having to force it down.

But, at this point, it feels like I have turned a corner, so I'm going to start recording my losses and achievements.

This is my journey so far. I was first referred to the weight loss team at Heartlands Hospital in July 2014, weighing 127kgs (20 stone). I was told I needed to lose 5-10% of my body weight within 12 months, to get put forward for surgery on the NHS.
In April 2015, I went to an appointment weighing 121kgs (19st 1lb) and at this point was told I would be put forward for surgery. I attended a seminar giving me all the information on the 3 options I could choose from (bypass,band or sleeve) and in October saw my consultant and decided on the sleeve. I was initially told surgery would be January but I kept being told that there were more and more delays and that it would probably be July.

During these months my weight fluctuated between 119-123kgs.

When I got the call on April 13th I was told to start LSD 4 weeks before my surgery date, which was May 20th. I had just over a week to pig out on all the naughty things that I wouldn't be able to have anymore. Which I did, to a certain extent.

So here are the weights as they've happened.

Referral weight July 2014 - 20 stone
Start of LSD weight - 19st 1lb
Op day weight - 18 st 3.5lb
Todays weight (2weeks post op) - 17st 1.5lb.

It feels great to be on the losers bench!!!

Thanks for sharing, I identify with your story although my waiting time was less in total as I spent 6 months on tier 3 instead of a year. I remember after that 6 months it was a real struggle maintaining the loss required until lsd. Will be 1 week post bypass for me tomorrow and things under control now. :) All the best with the weight loss!

Hi Shaz, just thought I would let you know I saw your journey on tv the other night and can I say wow you look fantastic. Hope all is ok with you x

I saw you too and on BBC Breakfast, you're looking fabulous :)

Looked up the video on you tube, wow what a transformation in just 3 months, well done.

Back