• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will my teeth ever feel clean!!!!!

Matra

I'm 8 weeks post op (sleeve) and my teeth still feel nearly as yucky as when I was on my pre op diet. It's like a coating on the inside, at least my breath is ok! It's driving me nuts, doesn't seem to matter how long and carefully I clean them, 10 mins later they feel yuk again.

Is it just me, or will this eventually go away!

I know it's disgusting isn't it. It affects the taste of what I'm eating so it puts me off a lot of things

They are just horrible. It's like morning after boozing teeth, all fuzzy and yucky but with out the pleasure of alcohol :(

I haven't had an op yet. But if it's like the bad breath taste I get on a VLCD like lighter life, then I dreading it xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ahhh is this a known problem then? I have been suffering with a thick coating on my tongue and teeth since the op. When I spoke to the team they didn't know what it was and thought I had some sort of thrush and prescribed an anti-fungal which had no effect.... its now been 6 months and the teeth are clean but I have taken to brushing and scraping my tongue everyday. Yuck!

I'm 8 weeks post op (sleeve) and my teeth still feel nearly as yucky as when I was on my pre op diet. It's like a coating on the inside, at least my breath is ok! It's driving me nuts, doesn't seem to matter how long and carefully I clean them, 10 mins later they feel yuk again. Is it just me, or will this eventually go away!

I have exActky the same, I brush teeth and then they feel kind of furry really soon after,driving me mad, I keep running my tongue along them I'm obsessed !!! Can't be fagged to keep brushing! I'd never stop

Recently got them cleaned by the hygienist, unfortunately it made little difference but my dentist is fitting me for teeth whitening and am kinda hoping that the bleaching gel might help. It's blooming annoying!

I haven't had an op yet. But if it's like the bad breath taste I get on a VLCD like lighter life, then I dreading it xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Not had bad breath since I was on my pre op diet, just yukky teeth!

My teeth are the same aswell, its horrible, i just can't seem to get them clean no matter how many times I brush, am going to get some of that Cb12 mouth wash and gum tomorrow As I go back to college on wednesday and can't be in college with vile breath!
Also have noticed my gums have been bleeding since my op not sure if its because of lack of protein and vitamins or what.

Hi bex
Funny you should say that, since my op the roof of my mouth behind front teeth is swollen, I caught it yesterday y opening something with my teeth, and it bled for ages, the swelling has now gone that side of mouth but still there in other side, weird huh ? X

Me too - teeth feel really furry despite regular cleaning, I put it down to the fact not eating anything solid so teeth not being cleaned naturally...

Back