• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shellie

Jane

This is our 2 1/2 year old collie cross Shellie. She is full of energy, never stops playing, and is a bit like our fourth child!
shelliesmall.jpg
I am really looking forward to getting my weight down so I can start taking her out for walks. At the moment it's all down to hubby and I would love to be able to go as well.

Still should not be too far away.

Awww she is beautiful :D I had a tri-colour collie called Muska who we had to have put to sleep last year :cry: He was a rescue dog and we had him from approx 4yrs old and he was over 20 when he died. He was the best dog, played football brilliantly! He was mad on sticks and would chase a stick all day if he could lol. He was lovely and everyone who knew him loved him , he had such a lovely temperament :D Hope your beautiful collie gives you as much fun and love as mine did ;) The lovely MUSKA ! xx

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 28
He's gorgeous! Twenty is a great age for a dog.

Collies are so intelligent aren't they? Shellie knows her toys by name and can get whichever one you name. Just wish she would tire out sometimes! You only have to smile at her and she brings you a toy to play with her.

We had a wonderful collie cross called Spike, he grew up with my daughter, he left a huge hole when he went at 18 years.
We have had a black and white husky since whom we have lost and we still have Taz who is a mongrel of many, they were all rescue. We now have Holly who is a red husky. Will post some pics later

Last edited:
If shes anything like Muska she wont tire out lol....he just carried on and on. Even when he was old and his back legs were really weak he would chase a stick, his head didnt tell his body he was too old. He was very intelligent too, and so loving. XX

Aww give your baby a hug from me!

:)Shellie looks a "bobby-dazzler"-
bet she's a brill guard dog too:)

Awww Jane.... I love your beautiful border collie... I have a little girl who is a Welsh Border Collie from a local farmer and goodness me she keeps us on our toes... I'll have to find a recent pic of her.

I love this breed because they make us move...haha... and they are full of energy and fun... we can't tire our baby out... she's now five and a half and behaves like a pup...

She herds us for sure...

Thank you all for sharing your terrific pics... all our four legged babes are precious and lovely xxx

full of energy and fun... we can't tire our baby out
could not agree more. We were warned that collies take a lot of looking after as they are so energetic, and I was a practice manager in a vets at the time, so saw lots of it. Shellie was just so adorable though.

Hubby goes on long 10 miles plus walks, so she gets plenty of exercise from him luckily.

Lucky if Shellie sits still for more than an hour in a day! Our poor cat does not stand a chance, although Shellie has received many a scratched nose from him. Will post pic of Charlie when I can find one.

Back