• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shocked by Calories

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well some of you will have read a previous post that my wife has PCOS, and now has been put on Metformin by her doctor.

She has also started to look at her calorie intake and has started using myfitnesspal.com, and was so shocked at some basic foods and the amount of calories they have in them.

For anyone that doesn't use this, I have to say, this is probably one of the best weight loss tools I have ever come across.

Peterborough Guy said:
Well some of you will have read a previous post that my wife has PCOS, and now has been put on Metformin by her doctor.

She has also started to look at her calorie intake and has started using myfitnesspal.com, and was so shocked at some basic foods and the amount of calories they have in them.

For anyone that doesn't use this, I have to say, this is probably one of the best weight loss tools I have ever come across.

I agree since using it makes counting calories loads better

i agree with you and there are some shocking tactics out there by food suppliers.
I saw a pizza (smallish - size of a normal dinner plate) it said that the caleries per serving were 350. But wait for it... they said that that small pizza served 8 ! There is no way that was a normal 1 person serving and the total was therefore over 2800 cals... Check the portion sizes on foods as some of them are so so so misleading.

i use the calorie count website put everything in and see what comes up , i don't have an android phone so cant get aps , i think it is about the same kind of thing :)

Its amazing - I was shocked at how much noodles were and rice also, I try to limit my carbs now to just butternut squash, veg and pulses (pearl barley etc) as they tend to be more fibrous and better for you than the starchy carbs.

I'm just downloading it now....I will have a good look at this to help me along.
Cheers Gary

Andy

Andy you'll have to let us know your username there's a few of us on there! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I'm called carenchandler if anyone wants to add me :) xxx

from me phone :D

I'm on there too ... Twinkletwinkle ... noooooo bit predictable :) Add me if you would like to :)
Caren is on FB Woo xxx :)

Back