• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shocking nsv

shelleymarie

I've just got in my dad's van to go to the cinema and as I was putting me my safety belt he said do you remember when I couldn't take you out because you couldn't do your seat belt up before the surgery. I was annoyed at him for reminding me but he said he want to just try something. He took the belt off me and plugged it into the middle seat belt hole! Not only can it go round with ease it probably go round two of me! He took pic before I put it on normally so I could remember it :)

ForumRunner_20130820_202913.jpg

Fantastic nsv hon, well done!

That's amazing x

Hehe well done Shelley :) this is my own personal best NSV too And I still have great fun pulling the seat belt waaaay out in front of me .... Last year my seat had to be so far back and tilted just right just so to get it plugged in and I was at full stretch with no give left to spare..... It still shocks me too... Brilliant xx

Meant to add ... I have even had the embarrassment of sitting in other people's cars pretending that my seat belt is on when in fact its not because it wouldn't stretch round me :eek:.... Never again :)

Meant to add ... I have even had the embarrassment of sitting in other people's cars pretending that my seat belt is on when in fact its not because it wouldn't stretch round me :eek:.... Never again :)

Well done, Shelley! What a victory!

I am ashamed to admit that I once FLEW without a seatbelt on under similar circumstances. Thank all that's holy that nothing happened! I (obviously) didn't mean to. I was on a commuter plane from one very snowy bit of Canada to another, just a short 45 minute flight. Everyone got on and stuffed their carry on luggage into the very small overhead lockers, leaving no room for my coat, so I had to sit in my seat still wearing it. As it was a big, bulky coat, it obviously added *just* enough bulk to my already ample girth to ensure that the seat belt wouldn't do up. The flight attendants were rushing up and down as if it was a bus service on a tight schedule and I couldn't catch their attention to ask for an extension - so I just draped the belt across myself and prayed for a safe landing in Calgary as we flew across the snowy plains. HORRIBLE! But never again :D

Thanks everyone. I just couldn't believe it! I've done the holding the belt in place and pretending its on. The worst time was when my friend told me she wouldn't take me out any more because I couldn't do up the seat belt. It was so humiliating. I understood her position but she didn't seem to understand why it completely devastated me. I'm so so glad not to have to feel that way and same with planes. I could do mine up from about 20 stone so for you guys who are still early out you might be surprised how quick you can do you belt up on a plane :)

Back