• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i'm home, but had problems.

SOON SLIM SUE

types with one finger
hi all, i want all you pre-opers to know that what happened to me is unusual, and all three things happening to the one person has never been heard of in this hospital.
i arrived at L&D at 5.30am tue 16 feb. i was in arrivals lounge at 6.00am. got out my mags and settled down for the long wait. 6.15am was called in to be weighed/bp/hight ect:- i was over the moon wieght was down to 17st 9lbs, everything else was fine exept he had to have 4 go's to find a vain to take blood (not unusual for me). put on my gown and sox and took straight to another waiting room it was about 7.30am, got mags out again.
8.15am called in to meet my anaesthetist, who layed me on the table to be put under then and there, but again couldn't find a vain to put in the canular, i explained this had just happened when blood was took, he jokingly said "operation canselled can't find vain" thats all i can remember untill i came round.
i don't know what the time was but they said they were taking me to HDU, slept the rest of the day and night.
wed morning now, some pain but not as bad as i had expected. Mr Date came to see me and explained i had a very fatty liver (even after sticking to milk diet (honestly)) and an elongated stomach, he still did the sleeve op and said i should still loose a bit of weight (i never questioned this as i was still half asleep) but i did ask where my button was for the morphine, he said i couldn't have one because i had heart flutters while under anaestetic.
i was put onto a normal ward thur night. they had trouble with my ox levs and couldn't bring it up to what it needed to be to go home, they must have gave up in the end because i was home about 7.00pm fri night just in time for eastenders with the biggest bag of drugs i have ever seen.
i weighed myself this morning and unbelievably weighed 18st, so i have put on 5lbs while in hospital, apart from that everything is ok now and i have had soup/tea/coffee and ice cream so far

Hi babe. What an ordeal!!! Pleased you're home safe and sound and was able to watch a cracking episode of East Enders (been a few years since I last watched it!).

I have trouble with my veins too .. always have done. Must have been disconcerting for you though? Additionally ... did you suffer heart flutters before the op?

Either way ... welcome back cherub.

Hi Sue,

Pleased you are home safe and well. Sorry to hear you had a few troubles whilst you were in, but hopefully you will make a speedy recovery now.

I weighed more when I left hospital too - its all the IV fluids they give you. THe water weight will be off in a few days hun xx

(((HUGS))) What an experience. So glad you are home safe and sound.

Hi Sue,

Pleased you are home safe and well. Sorry to hear you had a few troubles whilst you were in, but hopefully you will make a speedy recovery now.

I weighed more when I left hospital too - its all the IV fluids they give you. THe water weight will be off in a few days hun xx

i'm so happy to hear this as i was really down when i weighed myself and couldn't think of a reson why.

no heart flutters befor op, but there is a family history of heart problems (one of the resons for surgery in the first place).

Sorry you had problems Sue. Hope you get on ok from now on. xx

Welcome home - sorry to hear you had an ordeal, but as I say - welcome home hun x

Glad you are back safe and sound, welcome to the loser's bench. Sorry to hear it was not as straightforward as I'm sure you were expecting.

hmm. gained 5lbs whilst in hospital? Might be worth phoning the surgeon to make sure he isn't missing his watch.

Glad you've come through it ok and are back home safe and sound. xx

glad your home safe and well, time to pamper yourself from now on and take things easy for a while.
look forward to reading your storys of weight loss.

Hi Sue glad to hear you are home safe and well:) Sorry to hear that you had a couple of hiccups whilst in, i never have any veins either so thats always a problem. Weight gain usually happens and will go in a week:) Glad to have you on the loosers bench hun:)

Sharon xx

Hi, glad you're home safe. Just rest and take it easy for the next few weeks. xx

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Look after yourself. Wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

Hiya Sue
Sorry to hear of your problems, but am glad that you got to have the surgery, and they didnt cancel on you again.
I hope you are feeling better, soon be up and about.
Take care of yourself, and hope to meet up with you when you are feeling better.
regards
MNL (Jane):)

Yep, I weighed more when I came home too. It is still early doors. Be patient... you've waited a long time, another few weeks and you will start to see a difference. x

Glad you are home and able to start recovering now.

You'll soon have more veins than you ever expected as the weight comes off!! That's why we fell so cold after weight loss!!

They do put a lot of gas into us to do the op and the IV fluids so you'll soon start to lose

Keep well - hope the flutters won't be a problem

Best wishes

Angela x

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, hope you are soon feeling more like your normal self, except lighter when you lose all that gas from the hospital xxx

Back