• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shocking tramadol withdrawal

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Hi all
I was prescribed tramadol for my sciatica which is now much better. I stopped taking them last monday and the withdrawal is horrific, diarrohea, electric shock type feelings in my head, insomnia, tearfulness and loss of appetite!!
Im in a right state and cannot wait for this to end.
Horrible, horrible drug which i will never ever take again. :cry:
If youve never taken it before dont start.

Kim

oh kim thats awful!! hope u feel better soon :( xxx

That's awful it made you feel bad.....i've taken tramadol before with no problems coming off it so i guess we're all different....now anything that contains codiene is a different story..... gives me the worse stomach pains ever! not that i've had any since my op......wouldn't dare.

I think because if affects your serotonin levels is the reason it can have a nasty withdrawal, bit like an SSRI anti depressant. I've taken them for back pain before and didn't like them at all and got no pain relief either but I was ok coming off them. Hope you feel better soon x

That's awful it made you feel bad.....i've taken tramadol before with no problems coming off it so i guess we're all different....now anything that contains codiene is a different story..... gives me the worse stomach pains ever! not that i've had any since my op......wouldn't dare.
I looked up tramadol on line and it says to not go cold turkey, to gradually reduce the dose. My gp never mentioned this to me or how awful the withdrawal can be.
Im just not myself emotionally or physically and the insomnia has left me with big black circles around my eyes, i look really rough.
Desperate to get back to normal.

Kim

I was just guna say have you weaned yourself off them, anything strong like that you are advised or used to be not to come straight offthem because of the side effects you are now having, everyone is different thats why weaning is recommended, its a shame your gp never thought to mention it, could ahve saved you a lot of problems,hope you feel better soon x

Your gp really shouldve managed your tramadol withdrawal not just left you to get on with it!! I can just imagine how awful you are feeling kim. Maybe rather than cold turkey you should actually be just taking a reduced dose and doing it gradually. Would be a little longer, but a lot less unpleasant xx

Your gp really shouldve managed your tramadol withdrawal not just left you to get on with it!! I can just imagine how awful you are feeling kim. Maybe rather than cold turkey you should actually be just taking a reduced dose and doing it gradually. Would be a little longer, but a lot less unpleasant xx
yes your right, its been 5 days now and the 1st 3 days were awful, i didnt even realise it was the tramadol, i thought i had a tummy bug!
I havent got any left and am too scared to ever take one again. Im just hoping each day i feel better.

Kim

So sorry you feel like this I too suffer with horrible side affects of these kinds of meds, when I'm on them and coming off them :-( I'm on the patch now and can not recommend it enough. I have had no side affects what so ever :-D and I don't understand why doctors won't prescribe these more often instead of those horrible pills x

I would of taken less over many weeks to stretch out the weaning.I am on them but only take one a day not four.

so sorry my hubby takes it! Had no idea doc never said. you poor thing they could have least warned you, but then they haven't mentioned this to ny hubby either. hope your feeling better really soon.

Ohhh Kim you poor thing! I hope you are starting to feel a bit better now - what a **** week you have had?! I hope things start to brighten up next week.
On the positive side if you have much tramadol left you get a good price on the street for it! LOL (only kidding for anyone thinking of reporting me!)
xxx

My grandad was on these n after a few days his skin colour went grey I seriously thought he was dying n it scared me to death, I'd never seen my gdad look so gravely ill and he was prescribed em for bad back ache, after doing research on tramodol I raced dwn to his flat n threw ever tablet dwn toilet, he was oh on them a few days n I thought my fit healthy gdad was dying, horrible horrible tablets xxxx

Goodness, I take these for pain treatment for my migraines and even then, these dont touch the pain, but they can be addictive and are something to come down from gently. So sorry that your GP didnt give you this guidance, but hope that things settle for you soon.

Kat x

Every drug wont suit every patient,I have found them fine for my pain,I have had a slight dry mouth and some strange dreams but this is indicated on the leaflet with the tablets.Never come right off medication without the help of your gp.Especially if you have been on them a long time.

God. I have been on these for the last 5 years along with other pain killers for my arthritis!! God knows what I do if they take me off them!

I am on thease and hope to stop after my weight loss but after reading the nightmare dreading it but glad I know think your a star for posting this
Good luck

Back