• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shocking tramadol withdrawal

you must stick with it and not go back as you are over the worst bit, the effects caused by stopping such a strong painkille can take 2-4 weeks to subside, although it can be less, you have done very well considering and the main thing is to ride it out now, although there is probably something your gp cand do to help you through, such as herbal sedatives etc., anyway keep on going, we got your back girl x

you must stick with it and not go back as you are over the worst bit, the effects caused by stopping such a strong painkille can take 2-4 weeks to subside, although it can be less, you have done very well considering and the main thing is to ride it out now, although there is probably something your gp cand do to help you through, such as herbal sedatives etc., anyway keep on going, we got your back girl x
Thanks stu, i dont want to ever go through that again. Compared to wed last week i feel almost normal, although my tounge is furrier than my cat today!!

Kim

i take tramadol for my back, dont really get relief from it anymore tho :( my surgeon has also told me to stop taking them about 2-3 weeks before my operation xx

i take tramadol for my back, dont really get relief from it anymore tho :( my surgeon has also told me to stop taking them about 2-3 weeks before my operation xx
Hi
How many a day do you take and how long have you been taking them?
Its been 4 weeks for me now and people keep saying how tired i look, and i do feel really tired by the end of the week and i have no energy to do anything at the weekends. Not happy about this but i dont know if stopping them is anything to do with how im feeling now?
I have never yawned so much in my life!

Kim

Was going to say about gradual withdrawel but has been mentioned :) hope your feeling better soon xx

iv been on them for months now hun, and im told to take 2 ,4 times a day but i cant cos they make me very constipated. sorry tmi lol usually take 2 or 3 a day. i hear so much stuff about them all the time. hope u feel better soon !xx

Last edited:
I am on thease and hope to stop after my weight loss but after reading the nightmare dreading it but glad I know think your a star for posting this
Good luck

I'll be honest if you stop them quite soon after surgery like i did, i was soooo euphoric from the happiness of having it done that i felt no side affects from coming off them and i had been on them just under 6 years on and off.

Been off them 9 weeks now and im back to normal, thank god! Hideous experience which i will never repeat...

Kim

I took tramadol after an operation on my nose, I loved it, although felt a bit out of it!!! Coming off it no problems, but I only took them a few weeks x

iv got to go to my gp within next few days about coming of my tramadol, as my operation is now 13th november!! hope they dont make me feel funny. i want him to give me something in exchange for them as il be in agony next couple of weeks :/ think i will be ok to call the loxwood centre and ask the surgeon what he will allow me to take then i can ask my gp for them? x

i have been on tramadol 100mg 3 sometimes 4 times a day for the last 6 years for my arthritis and I do get a good degree of relief from them. I was prescribed them along with paracetamol from the chronic pain team and have been worried about whether I would be able to take these immediately after my planned gastric wrap op. If I miss a dose I soon pay the price as the pain in my back returns with a vengance.
I was told at the time I was put on them that they were addictive but my options were tramadol or morphine, so I opted for the tramadol.

My sister took liquid morphine in her 20s for chronic back pain and lost so much weight it was scary. Your pain is ongoing and may well lessen once you have had your surgery and lose weight. If this is the case then dont do what i did and just stop, still makes me shudder when i think about the week or two from hell!!

Kim

Yikes! I have been taking 8 a day since February for a broken ankle and ankle surgery. I can't come off them or the pain is horrendous. I was off them in the hospital but I had those sexy surgical stockings on and they really helped my ankle. I rely on them too much I think but my doc and physio don't want me off them yet :( I'm worried about when I have to come off them now!

I hope you feel better soon xx

I am also taking tramadol, have been for years, but they didn't stop them over my surgery, just gave me suckable ones after!

Last edited:
Hi all
I was prescribed tramadol for my sciatica which is now much better. I stopped taking them last monday and the withdrawal is horrific, diarrohea, electric shock type feelings in my head, insomnia, tearfulness and loss of appetite!!
Im in a right state and cannot wait for this to end.
Horrible, horrible drug which i will never ever take again. :cry:
If youve never taken it before dont start.

Kim

They should have told you that you need to wean yourself off them slowly and not just stopped!! I found this out the hard way too and ended up I casualty thinking things were crawling on me, totally lost my mind!! Two pills later I was sane again. In my opinion, they don't give you enough info regarding the side effects of withdrawal when you are given them, if I had known I would never have started taking them xxx

i also take tramadol every day for my rheumatoid but when i have my gall bladder removed next week i've got to have dissolvable again for a few days, so it won't be tramadol but they said i can take them after a while to top up the pain reflief :( had to remind them though that can't take anti inflammatory so will be morphine first day or so then dissolvable then good old tramadol :) the joys of pain eh!

They do a dissolvable tramadol too! They kind of melt in your mouth, taste disgusting though!! X

i didn't know they did dissolvab;e in it :) i might have to ask doc but if i'm ok think i iwll stick to usual don't fancy YUK :)

Yes they do a dissolvable one I got them from the hospital as pain relief only took half of them good luck with your op next week

Back