• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shopping list pre op

corrine82

Hi all i am now 11 days away from op and i am trying to get any fluids or things i will need in after my op can you advise what you all lived on for the first few weeks

Thanks Corrine x

After my bypass, for the first three weeks I kept to strictly fluids it was hard but the results speak for themselves!:D
I drank plenty of water especially the brands with a touch of fruit in them (make sure they are sugar free!) sugar free squash, tea, coffee, soups without any bits - make your self some big batches now if you can and freeze them ready for reheating, and I also enjoyed the lovely slimfasts and had no problem with them. One other thing i had but was told it was second stage thing was yoghurts, now I never had any problems with them, i had the smooth muller type lite ones.
I would steer away from fresh fruit juices as they did make me feel a little bit yuck in the first few weeks but it does get to the stage wher you can have a small glass a day! z

so long as they are smooth and runny bell!

So can you have a weight watchers vegetable soup as long as its liquidised first?

Or Heinz tomato soup?

I had lots of weight watchers tomato soup post op :) I didn't risk the full fat version because of possible dumping.

I also had lots of the covent garden soups etc blended down, for variety, as I don't like the other weight watchers soup flavours. Just look out for the fat and sugar contents.

So can you have a weight watchers vegetable soup as long as its liquidised first?

Or Heinz tomato soup?

Forget about the weight watchers soups, they taste yuck, go for the Heinz especially the tomatoe.

I was told clear fluids, no lumps or little bits, if it has bits then strain them, i was the same as Cally and had yougurt as well from the start and it went down very well.

I've fund that fruit juice gives me the trots, so i've avoided it for the time being, i'll re attempt it soon and see if it has the same effect.

Richard

Back