• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping list

Lisav

Hi all, I am very aware that I only have 25 days until my surgery and I was wondering if you could give me a list of foodstuff that you'd recommend having at home for the two weeks after surgery?

I've read about NAS squash, jelly, krusha etc, weight watchers soup (is this sachet or tinned) custard, etc, but can someone please give me some ideas of what I can get in for the cupboards to prepare? I am on a pretty tight budget and have just been paid so i need to make sure i buy stuff now, as my next payday wont be until after the op!

thank you!

Tinned minced lamb,Irish stew,frozen mash from Iceland its in ideal portion size for a post op meal.This is later for puree stage.Sauce from fish in sauce and mash,yummy.Home made soup and corned beef stew all go down easily!

Mine is on 28th April and I've prepared by buying a soupmaker, a load of microwaveable pots from the pound shop, three cookbooks: weight loss surgery for dummies cookbook, return to slender and a general soup recipe book. I'm planning a military operation! I work 60+ hours a week though so want to prep everything in advance. Also Superdrug have weight loss shake powder in at 2 for £7 which is 48 shakes. I think all that should get me through the first phase!

In my food shop today I bought some low fat custard pots, some puréed fruit pouches, some frubes and petit filous, weight watchers soup and some frozen mash potato and mince. Anything else I need I'll get nearer the time

Slim fast is handy to have

what flavours have you tried are able to tollerate all flavours.

You will eat small quantities so you should have plenty to get your through

Yeah I defo need to get some slimfast - I once had the smoothie versions in pre made bottles - do they still exist as they were really nice!

I haven't seen the smoothies but not looked. They taste so much better than they did years ago, I have the chocolate, banana, strawberry and vanilla powder and one of each ready made ones in the cupboard and I have a coffee one but not tried that yet also at sainsburys they have Carmel too, but not tried that one as its £6 try to wait till they r on offer which they r often at asda two for £8 or some times £4 each, I know I am a cheap skate, but every penny I save is going towards more surgeries for the future lol

Yeah I defo need to get some slimfast - I once had the smoothie versions in pre made bottles - do they still exist as they were really nice!

They do some lovely flavours in the pre made ones now. I really like the cafe latte and lemon meringue is nice for a change too but you cant beat strawberry in my humble opinion

Im with you vickylou I only buy them when they are on offer! :D x

Ooh lemon meringue sounds nice! I'll have to try it! I think the pre-made ones will be perfect for me for going back to work. Would that be a good idea for lunch in the first few weeks?

I just added four premade slimfasts to my shopping (they were on 4 for £5) some no added sugar squash, some bouillon and some peppermint tea! I have to buy my shopping as soon as I get paid, as I have nothing left by the end of the month (which will be around the time of my op) I think I am prepared food wise now, for at least the first week after surgery :)

Back