• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping - my new favourite hobby!

Stellap

At goal at last.....
I had a lovely day shopping yesterday (one of the things I absolutely hated pre-op). I have a lot of work related parties to go to this season so thought I needed a few cocktail/lbd type numbers so off I went. I found some cracking dresses and took my daughter with me to stop me buying mutton type dresses! Bought a lovely above the knee sequin black dress and 2 really long lovely black evening dresses - one a crushed velvet and lace gothic type and another slit up the side (but not too high). I absolutely loved it - didn't get stitched up like I used to in Evans and felt a million dollars in them all. This is the first christmas in about 20 years that I won't be hiding or making excuses not to go out and where all I think about at Christmas is food!. I so wish I had done this years ago. I hope everyone is as excited as me to see Christmas this year and for those still waiting for their op - your time will come x

I'm looking forward to this next year.
Glad you had fun on your spree, and I'm sure you look amazing in all your new purchases. Enjoy!

Gosh I was with you in spirit,glad you had a fab day.Remember how s**t it was shopping before?Maz x

Oh what a wonderful feeling, oh what a wonderful day, I have a beautiful feeling everythings going your way.

Sorry couldnt resist.

I do know how you feel..... great aint it hun and I bet getting ready for th do's will only take half the time as it used to.

Have fun hun xxx

Fab post! I an looking forward to Christmas this year but I bet I will look forward to it more next year if Im slim :D XX

Gosh I was with you in spirit,glad you had a fab day.Remember how s**t it was shopping before?Maz x

Maz, I won't ever forget the times going out, not finding anything nice and making do with something cause it fitted. I used to come home and bawl my eyes out as I love a party but just couldn't face all the glamourous lovely slim young things at the parties with me sitting there in a tent - I would always get lumbered with looking after everyone else's bags and drinks while they danced the night away. Its been a long time coming!

Stella I`m made up for you hun x Fabulous to enjoy the process of buying lovely clothes that actually fit; and to look forward to an evening out without being the wallflower in the corner.
Either next year or the year after I will have the excitement that goes with being a slinky, and what a great thing to look forward to, and a push to spur us on.

Have a brilliant Christmas and I hope your social life goes really well for you.

Love Kat x

Stella i'm with you on this one....

I only popped into Asda but had a lovely trying on with a bloke called George... Brought a dress for my night out next week, okay it's a size 20 which compared to some is massive, but i felt very slinky and am pleased as i wouldn't have even thought about this dress this time last year :) Red velour and delish :) xx

Stella i'm with you on this one....

I only popped into Asda but had a lovely trying on with a bloke called George... Brought a dress for my night out next week, okay it's a size 20 which compared to some is massive, but i felt very slinky and am pleased as i wouldn't have even thought about this dress this time last year :) Red velour and delish :) xx

Doesn't it make you feel great? I'm now on the lookout for a few really nice belts, a sparkly shrug or bolero type jacket and some strappy sparkly shoes but think they might have to wait until Dec pay day (only 2 weeks away!). I'm almost a year out now - surgiversary is 4 December - but it's gone so quick. I hope you ladies and men who are pre-op get some spur from this post - my advice is save save save as I've never spent so much money on clothes!

Wow Stella i'm looking again at your stats. You've done So So well. You realy desreve your fun in the shops.
I had a littl shopping spree last week and bought some fab size 18s....but I'm waiting to buy my party dress as i have 2 weeks yet so want to get as small a size as possible!

Oh but next year: that I am really, really looking forward to! Like you, I wish I'd done this years ago!
Have some fantastic nights out!
and can we see some piccys of you in your new glad rags?

Wow Stella i'm looking again at your stats. You've done So So well. You realy desreve your fun in the shops.
I had a littl shopping spree last week and bought some fab size 18s....but I'm waiting to buy my party dress as i have 2 weeks yet so want to get as small a size as possible!

Oh but next year: that I am really, really looking forward to! Like you, I wish I'd done this years ago!
Have some fantastic nights out!
and can we see some piccys of you in your new glad rags?

The year will fly by Grace and you'll be in my position this time next year. I'll get my o/h to take some piccies when i'm dressed and I'll post them on here.

This is such an inspiring read Stella... thank you so much...

I adore dressing up and clothes... although since being unwell over the last year and consequent treatment I have had to avoid going to places where there have been lots of people... nevertheless.... clothes shopping is my passion...

To make myself feel better prior to my acceptance for surgery I had organised my wardrobe... full to busting... with all sorts of delights in sizes 22 to 26 and many remain unworn or worn only once... shopping in the Elvi shop in Chester was my mission and I did it...

Now, looking forward.... I simply cannot wait to be going into trendier shops for a classy number or two and not just that but being able to feel good again.... it's been over 40 years since I was in a size below 16 so I am thrilled to bits at the thought....

Cannot wait to see your photo's and thanks so much for your inspiration as always...

Love and hugs xxx

What a lovely cheerful post! Know exactly how you feel as I have always hated the Xmas do's, not having anything nice to wear that didn't make me feel like I was wearing a black bag....I've been doing a little bit of shopping myself for my up-coming parties, and it's been nice to look at pretty dresses once again! I'm sharing the happiness too! xxx

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. Its so lovely to be able to share my thoughts with people who understand exactly what I was going through. For people still on their journey, my advice would be to keep all your clothes - one of my thrills was slowly going down all the sizes in my wardrobe until I ran out of clothes to try! I take my outsize clothes to my hospital appointments as I meet a few of my fellow patients who were with me (some a few sizes larger than me) who don't want to lay out lots of money buying new clothes that will only fit for a while. The scary thing is developing a new style after being out of the game for so long whilst making sure not to dress inappropriately for my age (47). My daughter always lets me know if I'm making mistakes lol. So many decisions to make in the shops now, but its so much fun trying and not being covered in sweat trying them on. Don't forget to take photos as you are going down the sizes too as they are fun to look back on and give your confidence a great boost. Happy shopping everyone!

Back