• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My worst dumping experience ever!

simplylucy

Well even at 15 months post surgery you can still be caught out!

Popped to Tesco this morning and grabbed my normal pack of dried tropical fruit mix. Had a nibble on the way home.

Came home, put shopping away, grabbed a slice of cold pizza for lunch (not the best lunch but I'm trying carb heavy foods after having my appendix out and loosing a stone, I need to build up!)

Pizza went down lovely, had it before, no issues.

Grabbed a small handful of the dried fruit mix. 5 minutes later cue, hot flush, massive pain in my chest, heart racing, feeling sick. Oh my goodness I seriously thought I was going to die. My head was swimming, I nearly passed out. Thank goodness my husband is working from home today. It felt like I was having a heart attack, my chest/pouch cramped up so badly, I was heavy breathing! It went on for a good 30 minutes.

I now feel like I've been run over by a bus!

I guess I'm always going to dump, oh well it's stopped me being ever so slightly tempted to try a mince pie this Christmas! I'll be sticking to a nibble of my diabetic fruit cake!

maybe it was just too many of your fruit mix... and sometimes when you eat on the go you eat more than normal and your body doesnt register it until like you said (dump). i hope you are feeling better now xx

Thanks for the warning Lucy ... hope you are fully recovered now .... sounds horrible. :-(

can always rely on a good dump to keep you on the straight and narrow :) hope you're feeling better now Lucy :) xxx

Must have been a day for it. I started to dump at 3:45 and finally felt ok at 5:20. The pain in the chest was awful.
I had it a few month ago I had taken a tramodol but I also had some sugar free sweets so wasn't sure which was the guilty party. I can safely say it was the tramodol.

Back