• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should i buy some scales?

I weigh once a week on the Wii, but it's entirely up to you. You aren't over the healing bit yet and weight can be all over the place till you start eating proper foods again.
Maybe it would be better to wait till you are eating normal food ...can't hurt to be mindful as long as it doesn't make you worry unnessesarily. If it helps you to keep to healthy foods and start some moderate exercise before your first fill, I think it's a good thing. As long as you don't jump on them more than once a week !

Hmm yes I would be tempted to see every day! Okay I will wait until my first fill so I'm properly on it so to speak xx

I think that might be a good idea. It's not uncommon to have a slight gain when you start eating properly again before the first fill.
For your sanitys sake it might be better to let the hospital weigh you on their scales as different scales always vary and that messes with your mind as well....and for home motivation, get something in the size below your current one to try on once a week.
I did that with cheap jeans and I found it really helpful as inches come off even if weight fluctuates a lot.

Nooooooo! The scales are the spawn of the devil! Ask at your gp surgery if you can go in once a month and weigh?

Also nip into asda/tesco and find their bog standard cheap jeans and find the pair beneath the size you wear now and see how tight they are. Nip back a couple of weeks later and try them again. You could also try on one of their always stocked workwear blouses to keep track of your top half xxx

I'm going to do a weekly weigh with my parents at slimming world, that way I don't get obsessed and weigh everyday but still see progress so I'm not tempted to slip up!

I have so many clothes in so many sizes so that's a really good idea, I have just found a pair of trousers in the size (okay maybe size and a bit) below and I will try them every week! I have some goal jeans and beautiful dresses But this will keep me' going in between, thank you

Back