• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SHROPSHIRE LASS

HI just found this fantastic site, im currentley waiting for funding, ive been seen by mr siguirdsson at shrewsbury few months ago, he was brilliant, i asked if i could have a gastric bypass and he said he would put my views across, since then i have been on the phone to the pct almost every month, finally the other day i had the news that i would be sent a appointmet to the heartlands in birmingham. the pct woman said i have the funding but but its up to the surgeon if im to have the operation, in her words she said il prob have to go on a diet!! god i love that word!! :kissass:been on them for so many years i said ! well we havent got much money in the pot she said!! :cry:nor have i was my reply!!
anyway she said as my bmi was very high above 53 she said operation may be the answer, i asked if i could get funding for a bypass she wudnt answer!! since then ive talked to a number of weigh loss paitients on facebook and they seem to think that the heartlands hospital dont do bypass........:cry:
so looks like i got a fight on me hands!!
lovley to meet u all keep in contact xx

Hello and welcome to minimins :flirt2:

Hi and welcome to minis everyone on here are so understanding and in or have been in the same boat. Hope you get your funding, I too am waiting, we have gone to appeal.

hi there
welcome to minimins, good luck with the funding,as to your point about heartland's its my understanding also that they only do gastric bands at this hospital, so i was informed by a member of the team at my pct, i,m sure you will be informed by some one with greater knowledge shortly. all the best
regards
Steve

Hello and welcome to Minis....

I am also under HEARTLANDS HOSPITAL and you will be pleased to hear that they do do the Bypass opp!

I am under the dietician at the moment and have to lose 10% of my weight before the consultant (Dr Taheri) will refer me onto the surgeon.

You might get lucky and pass this and get referred straight to the surgeon. As my BMI was 48.9 and not over 50.

Heartlands have been changing the rules these past few months.

Good Luck x

Hello there...welcome to Minis :)

can't help much with Bypass details, but Mr Sigurdsson did my band at Dolan Park and he was a very nice chap.

very good luck with your wls journey xx

Welcome to Mini's.

Mr Siguirdsson did my neices bypass at Telford hospital so it may be worth you asking about having it done there (she was also given the choice of Hartlands by the way).

He asked her to lose a stone pre op, just to prove she was willing really, which she did and he even agreed to let her have it done via a laparoscopy instead of open.

One thing though, you don't get the aftercare at Telford that you would get at Hartlands.

Good luck with it.
xx

:wave_cry:
Welcome to Mini's.

Mr Siguirdsson did my neices bypass at Telford hospital so it may be worth you asking about having it done there (she was also given the choice of Hartlands by the way).

He asked her to lose a stone pre op, just to prove she was willing really, which she did and he even agreed to let her have it done via a laparoscopy instead of open.

One thing though, you don't get the aftercare at Telford that you would get at Hartlands.

Good luck with it.
xx

I think PRH (Telford) now only does private bariatric surgery. I'm from Telford and have been refered to Walsall Manor. 8 Days till op and counting!!!!

Welcome to mims!

Ant x

Mr Sigurdson is lovely and brill at his job. I went private as my area does not fund WLS. He was great and gave me a fill in the band during op. I had my op at Dolan Park.
Anyhoo, welcome to Mini's - there is so much support and friendship here. x

thanks for all the kind messages,well ive spoken to the pct again and shes says ive got funding if the surgeon thinks i willneed it, she said as my bmi is over 50 the operation is more likley to happen... any way sine then i have recived a letter from heartlands got appointment to see mr taheri in january .. feels like months away!!
is it correct that funding can be alocated before u see the surgeon im really confused... i have a illness called lymphodema and this may have helped me towards the funding do u think???
its so hard... i hate waiting xx

A few years ago i started this process with Heartlands and their surgeon Mr Super recommended i have a bypass when i actually wanted a band, so stop worrying about that.

Good luck xxx

I think PRH (Telford) now only does private bariatric surgery. I'm from Telford and have been refered to Walsall Manor. 8 Days till op and counting!!!!

Welcome to mims!

Ant x

No Mr Sigurdson is definately doing bypasses and bands at Telford on the NHS, I think with a view to pulling away from Walsall altogther and doing it more often.

The same day that my neice had hers done at Telford, Dawn was in the bed opposite me in Walsall having her bypass yet she came from Leegomery.

I think it depends on who your doctor sends your referal too, but I know that Telford have been looking into doing it more often and the PCT has been considering covering Telford instead of Walsall.

Having said all that there is no reason why Sue's doctor couldn't refer her to Walsall either.

Good luck with your operation Ant.
xxx

Back