• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sick Certificate

janet_hi

Does anyone know what the hospital put on sick certificates as I didn't really want to tell work that I was having surgery. (Fingers crossed) I had hoped just to tell family, any ideas or did you take it as holiday ?

My hospital didnt give me a sick note just a big bag of medication so needed to see my gp for sick note got a sick note for 2 months to get me through the whole post food surgery weeks
I told my family and friendsas I didnt want to lie to anyone
but everyone is different and you do what's right for you
ps ive seen people on here saying they have asked their gp if they coukd say on the sick note that they had abdominal surgery on it as not to reveal the real reason for taking time off sick

No, your GP doesn't have to write what you have had done. They can write GI surgery/abdo surgery etc. Or just 'post surgical procedure'.

Zx

Thank you, I may end up telling work and more people, as it's early days for me.:) Just waiting for my 1st appointment on the 7th. :) for more info. So grateful for this site to air any worries, questions etc

My GP just put 'post operative surgery recovery' on my Fit Note. xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The hospital gave me mine for a 2 week period, and it didn't say anything about an operation, just that I was under their care.

I wasn't planning on telling anyone at work (aside from my boss) what I was having, but it came out in the end - and much to my surprise everyone has been incredibly supportive and excited for me.

I've told everyone at work. They have been really supportive!

Only a select few friends know so I like I can be completely open at work xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was wondering about the same thing, I didn't want to tell anyone. I didn't think it was anyone's business and don't want to hear anyone's negative input. So far, only 4 people know, so definitely didn't want it on my work cert. however, my feelings may change nearer the time. My colleague just had the sleeve, he was happy to tell everyone and he looks fantastic. As he left, that's when you heard pols true feelings

Gp put gastric and pyloric surgery on mine. They won't lie, but don't have to put weight loss surgery on it.

My GP put Gastric Bypass on my note, the hospital put post operative. I took a deep breath when I finally decided to go for the surgery and told everyone at work and my friends. Most have been wonderfully supportive. There were the usual comments about taking the easy way out (if they only knew).
I'm sure you can ask the GP not to put it on the note but I found that getting it out there was the first big step for me in this journey. Once everyone knew, I was really doing it :)

Thank you all so much x

Back