• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHAT DO YOU TELL WORK??????

NOMOREyoyo

will YOYO no more!!
What did all you guys tell work, I DEF cannot and do not want to discuss what I am having done but may need a Dr's certificate :) any ideas??????
Thx

well i told everyone at work what i was having done as i wanted them to know what i was going through. but it really is your choice...when i asked my doctor for a certificate he just put operation on it.. so your doc doesnt have to put weight loss surgery. i think it depends on what type of work you do and if you think they need to know or not xx

I'm sure any doctor who understands the process you are going through would be happy to issue a certificate without too much detail on it - nobody has to know anything unless you want them to. I had my op on september 6th this year and still havent told anybody!! Anyone who has asked has been given my stock answers - I baffle them by talking about thyroid and/or Orlistat tablets!! Their eyes soon glaze over and they don't ask again!

my note just said abdominal surgery so you could say hernia repair... doc will be understanding. however i told people at work as needed their support when i went back x

I will be telling quite a few people at work because I want them to be able to support me and understand why I'm off work for 6 weeks, but it does depend on the work atmosphere

You could ask your Dr to put abdominal sugery, and tell them it's a bowel problem, or gall bladder.

Depending on how friendly your work group is I would seriously think about telling them. I get loads of support at work even thou a few have admitted they are jealous lol

Thx guys - gall bladder looks like best option, with Dr's note for abdominal surgery!
Support at work isnt an option, I'm the boss and very male orientated enviroment xx

I told them it was problems with my thyroid and digestive system. dr just put on the certificate post oprative recovery

I told my close work colleagues and those who needed to know. They were all understanding and supportive, and are keen to see the new me! I expected that there may be the odd snide remark, but I've had nothing but supportive comments.

I'm going back to work on Monday, 3 weeks after surgery, so no doubt I'll have some explaining to do to those people I had not already told! I started out being a bit embarrassed about it, but my surgeon has given me the confidence in myself by explaining that obesity is a disease that I could do nothing about.

So, don't be ashamed by what you've done - you have shown that you have the courage to do something about your weight problem.

Back