• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sick of people saying its the easy way !!!!!

sammyc

IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS IVE LOST COUNT OF THE SLIM PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT HAVING THIS OPP IS THE EASY WAY TO LOSS WEIGHT AND I SHOULD GO GYM AND DIET TO THEY NOT THINK IVE TRIED THAT FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS AND IM JUST GETTING FATTER IVE LOST WEIGHT LOADS OF TIME BEEN ON EVERY DIET THERE IS I LOSS THE WEIGHT THEN PUT IT BACK ON PLLUS MORE
I THINK DOING IT THIS WAY IS 100 TIMES HARDER JUST WISH OTHER PEOPLE WOULD SEE THAT DONT THINK THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE GOING THOUGH AND HOW HARD THIS REALLY IS IM SO GLAD I HAVE YOU GUYS THAT UNDERSTAND ME COULD NOT HAVE DONE THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF SLIMFAST IF UT WAS NOT FOR YOU GUYS AND THIS SITE SO A BIG BIG THANKS TO U ALL XXX:kissass:

Threaten to eat one of the skinny b**** !

Easy...mmmm....from what I have read, the initial weight loss may look easy and be very quick, but for the rest of our lives we will need to take regular physical activity and eat sensibly to ensure we don't end up back at square one! Easy ? I don't think so or we would have just done that in the first place, surely daily exercise and health eating for ever is the hard bit !??!!!
x

i to am sick of this! but then i think the reason why people say this is because there s an element of jealousy, i was warned of this from my surgeon, the people who say its the easy way out, dont speak to them about your op, choose people wisely who you wish to speak to about your impending surgery, that way no one can upset you! thats what i do... anyway whats easy about choosing surgery thats non reversable and a whole life time of comitments and hard graft?! i still have to diet and excersise with my sleeve, they havent a clue

chin up and good luck xx

people dont realise that food is our addiction, and going on a diet for us is like giving an alcoholic three drinks a day and expecting them to recover. Thats why this place is so wonderful, we all "get" each other, my advice? sod the lot of em :) we're all here for you cherub xxx

people dont realise that food is our addiction, and going on a diet for us is like giving an alcoholic three drinks a day and expecting them to recover. Thats why this place is so wonderful, we all "get" each other, my advice? sod the lot of em :) we're all here for you cherub xxx

thanks hun u always say something lovley x
i know there is no way my friends could ever do what im doing they wouldnt last 2 days on the pre opp diet let alone after the opp just so glad ive finally meet people that under stand x

I get that comment quite alot. Mainly from people who are overweight and wish they could have op as well. It is not bloody easy and i am getting really good at the quick comments back. Dont let it get to you, you know why you are doing it and that is the main thing. Good luck hun xx

i to am sick of this! but then i think the reason why people say this is because there s an element of jealousy, i was warned of this from my surgeon, the people who say its the easy way out, dont speak to them about your op, choose people wisely who you wish to speak to about your impending surgery, that way no one can upset you! thats what i do... anyway whats easy about choosing surgery thats non reversable and a whole life time of comitments and hard graft?! i still have to diet and excersise with my sleeve, they havent a clue

chin up and good luck xx

thanks hun your so right x
ive always been the fat one out of my group of mates but ive always beeen the one that pulls all the men too lol
so now maybe they know when im slim they stand now chance at all on a pulling night lol lol lol xx;)

Best to just ignore it. They'll never understand and who cares. This is about our own individual lives and how to make it better!!

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

This is exactly why I felt I couldn't tell anyone about having this operation.
Because most people would think you've took the easy way to lose weight..
And it is certainly not!

Totally agree with all of the above. Theres a woman at work who weighs about 15 stone and doesnt qualify for surgery and cant afford it privately. All i get from her is "you do know your gonna look all haggard and old once youve lost the weight" and "my friend had it done and now all her teeth have fallen out!!" How i didnt laugh in her face when she said all this i dont know. She is so jealous its really quite sad. God knows what shes gonna say when it really starts showing on me. Silly cow!!

WLS is the easy way to lose weight so just accept it and move on.

Don't agree? then how come we all failed miserably doing it without surgery yet most of us are successful with it. Before those with poor comprehension skills start harping on, I'm not for one minute saying post op life is easy, it isn't, but the easiest way of losing weight and keeping it off is to have surgery to do the hardest part for us

I agree, I think it IS the easy way, but I also failed at doing it the hard way and as far as I am concerned there is no virtue in doing things the hard way! I know this wont make me popular but I really don't care! I did this for me and only me. I really don't give a stuff what anyone thinks either!

wls is the easy way to lose weight so just accept it and move on.

Don't agree? Then how come we all failed miserably doing it without surgery yet most of us are successful with it. Before those with poor comprehension skills start harping on, i'm not for one minute saying post op life is easy, it isn't, but the easiest way of losing weight and keeping it off is to have surgery to do the hardest part for us

part of me does agree with u karlos but i cant really say till after my opp all i know is that when im on a diet if someone say fancy going out for a meal id say yes ill get back on diet tomorrow with this opp i know i wont have a choice but to say no so its a helping hand more than anything for me i know its wont be easy but its gotta be easyer than the last 20 years

wls is the easy way to lose weight so just accept it and move on.

Don't agree? Then how come we all failed miserably doing it without surgery yet most of us are successful with it. Before those with poor comprehension skills start harping on, i'm not for one minute saying post op life is easy, it isn't, but the easiest way of losing weight and keeping it off is to have surgery to do the hardest part for us

i also like the way u dont just go along with what everyone else is saying karlos u say it how it is thank you
i must say at first i thought u didnt really like me but now i think its just the way you are it how it is lol
thanks karlos

part of me does agree with u karlos but i cant really say till after my opp all i know is that when im on a diet if someone say fancy going out for a meal id say yes ill get back on diet tomorrow with this opp i know i wont have a choice but to say no so its a helping hand more than anything for me i know its wont be easy but its gotta be easyer than the last 20 years

Then you just agreed with me totally LOL :D Trust me having your guts re-routed for life is not something to be taken lightly, the rigmarole the inconsistency of one day you can eat something the next the same thing makes you puke etc, is far from easy but there is no easier way of losing weight

i also like the way u dont just go along with what everyone else is saying karlos u say it how it is thank you
i must say at first i thought u didnt really like me but now i think its just the way you are it how it is lol
thanks karlos

Why wouldn't I like you? LOL I love everybody honestly, but that doesn't mean I won't kick your ass ifin you mess up LOL :D:D:D

Then you just agreed with me totally LOL :D Trust me having your guts re-routed for life is not something to be taken lightly, the rigmarole the inconsistency of one day you can eat something the next the same thing makes you puke etc, is far from easy but there is no easier way of losing weight

Why wouldn't I like you? LOL I love everybody honestly, but that doesn't mean I won't kick your ass ifin you mess up LOL :D:D:D

GOOd thats just what i need lol
im just getting my self in a state all the time worring about every little thing just want the next 13 day to hurry up and pass
I JUST WANNA BE SLIM !!!!!!!!! ARHHHHHHH

I agree this is easier than anything else, but its certainly not easy! I know for sure that none of my skinny friends could not do this liquid diet. I think it takes being completely fed up with being fat, and knowing you already tried everything else to get the strength to stick to what they tell you to do. They just don't get that if they haven't struggled like we have. I'm so so thankful for all of you! It's nice to have a whole group of people who get me, and not having to try to explain myself.

I suppose Karlos has a point that once we opt for WLS, it is almost guaranteed success whereas we were all struggling previously.

However as our surgeons keep ramming down our throats, it IS only a tool, and it's still up to us to work with it and not try and cheat it.

And those who witness us going through the draconian pre op, the ghastly post op stages, and (speaking personally here) the pain I feel when I either eat too fast, don't chew well enough, or eat one spoonful too many, I can't see people who think life is for enjoying oneself would see it as a fun way to spend the rest of one's days.

For those who live to eat rather than the reverse, it is NOT an easy option. We who have chosen this path are willing to sacrifice quite a lot for the "easy" weight loss that is the result.

Back