• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap-Band Sit ups and gym

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
when did u guys start doing the above things? my tummy refuses to budge and thats my key fat area (ooh when is ur baby due then?!)

You should wait at least 6 weeks for the sit ups hun, any exercise that uses your tummy muscles - the same.

You will be fine to use the treadmill or bike but just take it easy as your not getting very many calories in x

tbh - I`ve only recently joined the gym!

Until I managed to shift some weight, I really was`nt up to doing much excercise other than walking.....but then I hav`nt done any for many years.

Now I go to gym and I really enjoy it! I have surprised myself, but it does give me a buzz!

Love Kat x

thanks guys...... might go back and do some gentle treadmill then .....need to diminish the huge tyre :D

Hi Magicbeans - sit ups won't get rid of your tummy fat, you will have to increase your cardio exercise for this BUT the sit ups will help strengthen the tummy muscles underneath - be careful though as you need to give yourself plenty of time to heal.
Are you going to a gym? What really works for me is doing short alternate cardio/resistance bursts rather than slogging away on one exercise machine for ages - so I do treadmill/ stepper/ resistance/ stepper/ bike/ stepper /resistance/stepper/ rower etc etc. I find doing a wee minute on the stepper between the cardio exercise and the resistance really gets the heart going.
Good luck.

blooming heck u got a wicked routine there!

yes my tummy is the worst bit. had a personal trainer who gave me a 5minute warm up and then different excercises with the big ball thing. 10-15 reps each and repeat 3 times. i might do that programme...oha dnn then 10minutes cardio.

i go to the gym been going for 4 weeks now and love it i am 13 weeks out from op. Tonight i done a 2 hour workout i find having good music pushes me on.............

Back