• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gym, waist training and excess skin

I've not had surgery yet, I have a psychiatrist appointment then I get my date.

I was just wondering a few things.

How soon after surgery did anyone start spinning or lifting weights? (I know u can do light exercise after 6 was)
Has anyone used a waist trainer after surgery and do they recommend?
Has there been any success stories, where exercise has helped eliminate excess skin? Therefore no need for further surgery?
Has anyone not had excess skin?

Thanks in advance for your responses. X

Kar8858

Hi..i was told 4 weeks before light exercise..to be honest ive done no exercising apart from walking since my op! Bad I know!! Brisk walking is good aerobic exercise though and it gets you out and about.
I have been lucky with the skin so far myself but i recommend good moisturiser and plenty of water to drink. Body shop body butter is a good one, i use it twice a day all over, also palmers cocoa oil or lotion.
Im sure others will have some advice too..

Butterfly_lady

I must be honest my good intentions to go to the gym has pretty much gone ignored, I do walk a lot more than I used to (or was able to) I've lost just over 11st and my skin really isn't that bad, I think the worse is my inner thighs but I can live with them, I will have plastics once I am down to a settled weight mainly because I want to be as perfect as I can.

Attachments

• undies.jpg
    undies.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 195
I must be honest my good intentions to go to the gym has pretty much gone ignored, I do walk a lot more than I used to (or was able to) I've lost just over 11st and my skin really isn't that bad, I think the worse is my inner thighs but I can live with them, I will have plastics once I am down to a settled weight mainly because I want to be as perfect as I can.

Your body looks fab, if you don't mind be asking what was your start weight and what surgery did you have?

I'm in shock, you look brill. Not that you wouldn't, but no evidence of surgery at all.

Butterfly_lady

Your body looks fab, if you don't mind be asking what was your start weight and what surgery did you have?

I'm in shock, you look brill. Not that you wouldn't, but no evidence of surgery at all.

I was 22st 7lbs (5ft 4) I'm now 11st 6 - I had a bypass Nov 2013 I've gone from a size 26 and now I'm a 10-12 (or sometimes smaller, today I'm wearing woollen leggings for age 13-14 lol)

I was 22st 7lbs (5ft 4) I'm now 11st 6 - I had a bypass Nov 2013 I've gone from a size 26 and now I'm a 10-12 (or sometimes smaller, today I'm wearing woollen leggings for age 13-14 lol)

Bloody fantastic. I bet your ecstatic ?

I'm 5ft3 I'm now the heaviest I've ever been now on pain killers for my pack and extra strong one that helps me sleep at night.

I can't wait to be where you are now.

Has your journey been a easy one?

Butterfly_lady

Bloody fantastic. I bet your ecstatic ?

I'm 5ft3 I'm now the heaviest I've ever been now on pain killers for my pack and extra strong one that helps me sleep at night.

I can't wait to be where you are now.

Has your journey been a easy one?

I have to be honest its been a stroll in the park, from the moment I opened my eyes after the op - I had no pain killers at all post op and no pain just a bit of tenderness, in the weeks that followed I was fine, pretty tired due to the op and lack of food (not that I was hungry)

I followed my providers rules to the letter and took each food stage (liquid/puree/softs/normal) as them came and didn't try to rush my way through even though I hated puree stage as everything tasted vile lol, I knew it was a tiny window of my life and rushing to the next stage too early could damage me.

I am now 14 months out and my portions are still very small, there's very little I can't eat but I do try and make the correct choices but I can have a small slice of pizza occasionally, I am still losing weight but very slowly now, which is fine by me and if I stopped at this weight/size I'd be more than happy.

I don't exercise as such but I do walk a lot more than I used to.

I'm sure you will do equally as well xx

I have to be honest its been a stroll in the park, from the moment I opened my eyes after the op - I had no pain killers at all post op and no pain just a bit of tenderness, in the weeks that followed I was fine, pretty tired due to the op and lack of food (not that I was hungry) I followed my providers rules to the letter and took each food stage (liquid/puree/softs/normal) as them came and didn't try to rush my way through even though I hated puree stage as everything tasted vile lol, I knew it was a tiny window of my life and rushing to the next stage too early could damage me. I am now 14 months out and my portions are still very small, there's very little I can't eat but I do try and make the correct choices but I can have a small slice of pizza occasionally, I am still losing weight but very slowly now, which is fine by me and if I stopped at this weight/size I'd be more than happy. I don't exercise as such but I do walk a lot more than I used to. I'm sure you will do equally as well xx

Your so lucky , I hope my journey is as smooth As yours. Your doing very well, keep me posted.

los in it

Butterfly , you have a similar route as me no pain post op followed the post op food plan, weight coming off at a n acceptable rate and im walkjng a heck of a lot more around 2 miles a day, may not sound a lot but to me its like walking a marathon I use to wait at the bus stop to travel 1 bus stop because I just couldn't walk it , now I every morning walk 5 bus stops to my nearest station and plan to walk just that little further each week in time I want to go to a gym but im waiting till im a little smaller

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Spinning is 6 weeks. I tried after 2 and didn't go back for another 4 weeks. Weights are the same. Don't do these two too early :)

Plenty of easy then brisk walking is a good place to start.

Skin..... start saving :).

nicola1723

I've lost 12 stone and have quite a lot of excess skin. Thighs, tummy, bum, arms and boobs. If I could afford it I'd get it fixed tomorrow!
Still, I feel much better from being 20 stone at 4ft11!!
I don't exercise much, mainly because I'm waiting for ivf and starting new regimes is not a good idea right now! :) xx