• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can I eat and how much six weeks after gastric bypass?

hi winky glad u had a good time, its wierd wasting food but u just got to get used to it im afraid but give it time and all will come rite 4u, u have done so well so far take care xxx

Hi Smiler,
Thanks for taking time out to leave me a message on my thread. More importantly, how are you?
I'm trying to overcome my "mind hunger"/"wasting food phobia". I am even volunteering at an African dinner next Saturday, serving soup, so that I can get used to being around food without wanting to eat it all!
Since last night, I have a pain in my right side, just under one of my scars. I was hoping that it would have gone by tonight, but it's still there. I know I didn't eat or drink too much. It may be that it's due to the bra that I was wearing. Apart from that the only thing I can think of is maybe my bag was too heavy, or I danced or swam too much. Have you suffered anything like this? Gordon's warned me not to go to the gym for a few days just in case.

glad the hen night went well Sara. If in doubt about your scar pain, pop to see your gp if it persists for much longer, and I think Gordon is right - avoid the gym for a day or two and let things settle! Hope it clears up soon x

Thanks Ali. Well the pain is still there today so I took the dogs for a long walk instead of going to the gym. I dumped off my yoghurt this morning though, not being sick, but feeling sick and tired, lower belly pain and a rush to go to the toilet. I can't believe that I was fine for the 3 course meal, but then sick on fat free yoghurt. It's strange the way my body works!

Hi Sara,

The fat free yoghurts are usually very high in sugar, and it is this that causes you to dump. You have to make sure it is low sugar too!!!
I can't face yoghurts at the moment after having eaten them for the first 4/5 weeks. I have overdosed on them!!!
x

Hi Lotti

Thanks for that piece of info, really useful will look out for that in future!!!!!!! I know the feeling on overdosing on them

Thanks Ali. Well the pain is still there today so I took the dogs for a long walk instead of going to the gym. I dumped off my yoghurt this morning though, not being sick, but feeling sick and tired, lower belly pain and a rush to go to the toilet. I can't believe that I was fine for the 3 course meal, but then sick on fat free yoghurt. It's strange the way my body works![/quote

i too can't eat yoghuts either,not even the kiddies fromage frais ones:sigh:
same with fresh orange juice you buy in a bottle makes me feel awful.
i do like soups from my local chinese i have to seive the bits out 1st,yum yum.

Hello!
I'll be six weeks post gastric bypass this Saturday and was hoping that someone could advise me as to what kind of solids I should avoid, which ones are fine to eat and what size my portions should be six weeks post op and beyond. Phew, that was a long sentence! Lol. I am a vegetarian so any veggie ideas would be great. I have had a set of examples from my dietician, but the portions seem huge to me, e.g one Weight Watchers ready meal, which would last me days on end. I'm sure that there should be some kind of gradual build up from the 3 tablespoons per meal which I now eat. I'm always full, never hungry and have never dumped to the extent of being sick so I can't tell when I've eaten too much or too little. I don't want to eat too much and end up gaining weight and stretching my pouch, but I don't want to eat too little either!
I'm attending a hen night on Saturday (great timing, eh?) where we will have a 3 course meal. I think we can choose our dishes, so again, has anyone been in this kind of situation? What's the easiest food to eat on my first day of solids during the meal? What approach should I take to avoid eating all 3 courses in a discreet way? Lots of questions I know, but if you can help with any I would really appreciate it.
Thank you!
Hi again. I am at the same stage as you and have taking the steps to eat out!!! have found most veggie things including currys and that have been fine. i have also asked for a childrens portion or just taken a couple of spoons from others plates. Hope your night our goes well x

Hi, Moving to York from the US and I just had the GBS

Hi!

I found your post.. by searching the net. I am moving to England in about 3 weeks and i just had the surgery about 1 week and half ago. :sigh: Sill hoping I made the right choice cuz i still have pain and such. I am glad there are people like me in England!;)

I am looking to what to eat besides yogurt and broth, one week post op. Any ideas?

Welcome Elviegirl1. Good luck with your move to York ! I had a band and can honestly say a few weeks down the line its the best thing i have ever done....its not just the weightloss its the mental side of knowing i've done something about my weight that will work and just takes time to get used too.Theres a thread on here about menus for Bypassers by Frosty

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/53616-1st-part-things-eat-veggy-style.html

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/55990-2nd-part-more-food-eat-but-meat.html

Lots of Bypassers on here who will be along soon to answer u. You've found the right place now to get all the support u'll need :) U should maybe make a new thread and introduce yourself and your thoughts and everyone will get to read it incase they don't get a chance to look here. I'm sure Thaialina will come back to u i'm sure soon. Look forward to reading how u get on. Safe journey over here and Welcome to ENGLAND !!! xxx

Hi!

I found your post.. by searching the net. I am moving to England in about 3 weeks and i just had the surgery about 1 week and half ago. :sigh: Sill hoping I made the right choice cuz i still have pain and such. I am glad there are people like me in England!;)

I am looking to what to eat besides yogurt and broth, one week post op. Any ideas?
Hi, i had the bypass at the end of may. I ate jelly, custard, home made soups for the first couple of weeks and then moved onto scrambled eggs, mash potato and soggy cereal. To be honest can manage most things now and feel my decision to have the bypass has been the best one i've ever made. The pain will get easier just give yourself time it's only early days.

If you need any help or advice contact me. Good luck with your move too x

Back