• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Six months today!

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
It's six months since I was banded. I'm 4 stone down but to be totally honest...I'm finding it really hard.
Old habits die hard. I had really hoped but by now I would have more control over my eating habits and not feel the need to snack and eat the wrong foods.
But, I do snack, and I do struggle with temptation.
I'm over the moon to be 4 stone lighter. I look so much better, buying clothes is no longer a nightmare, I feel attractive and my family are very impressed with me.
Life is not so much of a struggle. I can bend over to tie laces etc without feeling like I can't breathe. I can comfortably cross my legs. I go swimming. I don't puff and pant so much on hills and stairs. I go to the hairdressers now! I don't feel like hiding away anymore. I feel normal!!
OF course there is still a long way to go and this journey has plenty of highs and lows, but I just wanted to be honest and say "i find it hard, and food is still my enemy". But I'm hopeful that maybe in the future it will become a bit easier.
Karen.

Attachments

• big ka.jpg
    big ka.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 65
  • August 2011 085.jpg
    August 2011 085.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 77
It's hard to change a life times habit in a few months, be kind to yourself and proud that you've lost 4 stone.I am sure you will get to grips with your enemy, the same as I will one day. tc xxx

Sorry you're finding it hard. I guess it always will be quite a challenge for most of us. On the plus side you have so many successes to inspire you to keep on the straight and narrow and the difference in you is wonderful. yOU LOOK GREAT-WELL DONE XX

WOW, you look great!!! How long has it been since you had the surgery? I had mine 8-10 weeks ago and I've lost about 40 lbs. . (About 3 stone) . . I lost 50 lbs (4 stone) in the 6 months leading up to the surgery. , however, I had A LOT more to lose than u did! When I began I was about 325lbs. (23 stone I think. . Im from America. . . So we don't use" stone" but I know 1 stone = 14 pounds)
Anyway, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Hello Miss Hungry,

First) you look AMAIZING
Second) ask yourself without the band would you have been able to loose 4 stone in 6 months?

This is our biggest battle, otherwise we will not be in the situation we are in now. I mean everyone around me can open a bar of chocolate and have one slice or a bag of biscuit and put it back in the cupboard, and I am like heuuuh buttt it is not finished.... like there are some left... and it is really really hard. but we are here for each other.... so give yourself a break and just concentrate on the possitive and all of what you acomplished in 6 months and cut yourself some slacks when you have a hard day and focus on the positive always! And if you want to meet up and have coffee, i am here :)

Ii know how you guys feel!!!

The worst thing that I do is : I CAN NOT adjust to the fact that I cannot drink with my meals!!!
I even found myself drinking on purpose when I was fuull because I didnt feel satisfied, and I wanted to wash the food down past the band so that I could eat more!!! But as you said we are all in this "surgical situation" because we are unable to follow the normal rules! As they say: "an addict will always find a way"

I pray that all of us are able to "get it right" and have this thing really change our lives....... and we all learn to adapt to the rules because the end result in more satisfying then ___________.

:)

Back