• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnea test

LornaLou

I ladies and gents. Could someone please tell me how this is tested at all and did any of you think you didn't have it but we're then told you did?

Thank you

Lorna

Hi Lorna, I had suspected it for years wasn;t until I filled in the questionnaire at my 1st app that they thought I may have it. They send you to a specific part of the hospital where a nurse wil place wires and a types of tape around your top of your bust region and one around your waist area. The wires are attached to a little battery pack which is attached to the tape, one wire runs from the pack down your arm and they tape a peg with a light on the end of your finger. They program the pack to turn on your usual bed time and it will go off when you tell them what time yiou usually get up while you sleep between these hours it monitors your breaths and how yiu breath how many times you actually stop breathing and for how long. YOu will have this on over night and then thney get you to take it back the next day. Usually takes a couple of weeks to get results. IF YOU NEED help thye will give you a Cpap machine, it is a mask which goes over your nose and mouth and attaches in place with 2 straps around the head it has a tube attached which attaches to a machine that looks likea small portable cd player. You put that on of an evening when you go to bed. I was able to give mine back after 5 1/2 stone was lost. So that was fab. Really did help and it takes a little while to get used to it but they will mo nitor you. Good luck.xx This is me with my mask n machine on after I been diagnosed.

31519-albums2464-picture15437.jpg

Hi Lorna, I had never suspected that I might have sleep apnoea until I did an overnight test at home which involved wearing a watch sized monitor on my wrist. The test was repeated after the anaesthetist saw me as he suspected a false reading, but no, the test was right and I was suffering from medium Sleep apnoea. It did not affect my surgery except they took extra care and I was told that after weight loss the condition would resolve itself.

Hi Lorna

I have Sleep apnoea, I was given a small watch sized machine that I wore for two nights. I then returned it to the hospital and was given a cpap machine. I know I look kind of odd sleeping with the mask on, but I had no idea how tired I was until I got my first nights sleep with the machine, now there is no way I will sleep without it. I am no longer falling asleep in front of the tv or in the middle of a conversation, or even at my desk (happened twice, boy was I red faced!!!!!). Good luck
Lorraine

Im still waiting for my test results, its been about 2 weeks. Never thought I had sleep apnea but waiting for results has me worried. The women I saw said my results would be back the next day... will be calling the office tomorrow to see if they are back lol x

Back