• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep apnea

angiemason

Sorry to be a nuisance but i'm worried they won't do my op if i have sleep apnea, i was diagnosed years ago and never thought anything of it till i read about people having sleep tests i was given cpap machine made me feel suffocated, then had mouth guard type thing made to push my jaw out so the palate didn't collapse and stop me breathing but that made me gag.:cry:
Now i just hope i wake up every morning.
i can't believe i might be refused because of it, i just thought every large person has it :):confused:

Hi hun, they like you to be on cpap treatment before your op, but to be honest, i cant get to grips with mine, can tolerate maybe 4 hours a night, but am trying every night, i have my op 31st october, so dont think it will stop you, but when you have your operation they like you to take it in with you. x

Hi Angie, Lots of people on here have sleep apnea & go on to have successful surgery. What stage are you at ... have you been funded or are you private. You will be asked about this at some stage as they need to be aware of it but don't worry xxx :)

hi angie

go back to the hospital your getting treatment from for sa ask them to keep trying masks i have had no more than 9 masks my new one noe covers my mouth and has nose plugs which is great now. iwas told in march i need a min of 3 months i now cant sleep with out it i love my cpap machine

Thanks everyone :) i have given it back because i didn't use it , i'm NHS they have agreed funding if surgeon says ok. not any further than that at the moment the PCT have sent letter to my doctor but forgot to attach hospital referral form so he's waiting for that so he can tell them i've chosen Fylde Blackpool...i'm so excited one minute then try to calm myself down the next in case it doesn't happen xx thanks for listening :)

Back