• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep test 4 Dec

gingernutter

I will be having a sleep test on 4 Dec. I thought I might have to sleep there but glad to learn I just need to pick the monitor up from Milton Keynes hospital on the 4th. Anyone else had this test? How soon for the results?

Once I have the results I then face the PCT again on the 11 Dec. Wish me luck!

I had the sleep test done about a year or so ago.

Surprisingly I was never given the results, but the actual test itself was simple enough. I was quite aware of wearing the little clip on my finger, which meant it took me a little longer to fall asleep than usual, but once I had dropped off it was fine.

Good luck with the PCT!

I had the test. Was very simple but a bit annoying to wear all night. I was never notified of the results but also was never fitted w/CPAP which is required if you have sleep apnea. I would ask when you go on Dec 4 that you be copied on the result letter they will write to your GP or surgeon. You might also be able to find out who to call to check on the result from the person you turn your equipment into.

Good luck & don't worry it is very simple.:)

sleep apnea

hi guys
you are all talking about a sleep test i have had 2 at st thomas in london and now have to use cpap machine every night
Does sleep apnea stop you from getting surgery

No sleep apnea is cured by the surgery, it just means you may need to be looked after differently whilst in hospital like over night in the high dependency unit nothing to worry about just to ensure you get looked after properly....I have mild apnea and it drove me to the brink of dispair with the headaches I am almost three weeks post surgery and seen a marked improvement already...xx

Back