• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what happens at the pre op?

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Hi everyone
I have my pre op nov 29th and surgery date 12th dec. What happens at the pre op, is it just to test you for certain infections, blood pressure etc... I suppose im a bit worried they will find something and stall the operation. I dont have anything else wrong with me except being over weight and at st georges i met the criteria for surgery, wasnt asked to go on a weight management programme no sleep test, just an appointment with dietician and a psycology questionairre and pct gave funding.

wow..... You sure are lucky that it has been an easier ride for you. Well done. I am still well pre op so unfortunately cannot asnwer your question . good luck anyway

Hellow. It might be helpful if you let people know where you intend having surgery. It seems different places have different stages.
I had mine recently at Sunderland. It included ECG, blood tests, swabs for MRSA and blood pressure. Not sure if I missed anything. I suppose it would also depend on your medical history if there is anything else.

Hope this helps you :)
PS loving your nickname. Guess we could have all used that one lol

Back