• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep study why

mummy2309

hi all im hoping you can all help me, i have been asked to goto a sleep study test but im already using a cpac machine at home and have done for over 1 1/2 years due to having sleep apnea, why do i have to have another test, i have already phoned the hospital and they said i need to have it done why oh why

hi all im hoping you can all help me, i have been asked to goto a sleep study test but im already using a cpac machine at home and have done for over 1 1/2 years due to having sleep apnea, why do i have to have another test, i have already phoned the hospital and they said i need to have it done why oh why

I never suffered with sleep apnea,but Salford hospital where I had my op done required it to be done.

thats where im having mine done at salford hope hospital

I think it's just part of all requirements before they let the operation go ahead.
When are you having it done?

im listed for the sleep test on the 4th of april then seeing surgon on the 11th april then also seeing psychology constulant butdont know what they will be asking, im hoping for the bypass as soon as i can

im listed for the sleep test on the 4th of april then seeing surgon on the 11th april then also seeing psychology constulant butdont know what they will be asking, im hoping for the bypass as soon as i can

Well they allowed me to take the equipment home and do the test at home overnight and return the equipment/results the next early morning.
The psychology assessment I had was with a lovely lady,but there was a wait list(I had to pester them to get one soon as able)
Your in good hands with Salford,I can't fault them at all x

how long were you on the waiting list from seeing anyone at the hospital untill op day if you dont mind me asking???? by the way im emma louise too

how long were you on the waiting list from seeing anyone at the hospital untill op day if you dont mind me asking???? by the way im emma louise too

I reckon it took approx 1 year to have all my appointments/tests/photos etc
It sounds long,but you need the time to do all your research and attend all the appointments they send you for.
And also I went to the evening meetings where there is post oppers to gather info from....I met the lovely Karlos there..lol
I think it's in the mayo building every month still x
Feel free to ask any questions or worries you have,it's nice to help x

thank you im sure i will be asking lol

Hi emma-louise
Im also under salford royal & just waiting for my months trail on the cpac machine & then my date will come through.
Which surgeon operated on you & how long was our stay in hospital ?

I cannot understand that because they just need yo read the card in your machine to get the data they need strange to go to sleep study but then nothing surprises me any more as they make us jump through so many loops

Hi emma-louise
Im also under salford royal & just waiting for my months trail on the cpac machine & then my date will come through.
Which surgeon operated on you & how long was our stay in hospital ?

Hi
I was under dr Ammori,but a lady surgeon who works with dr Ammori actually did my op,as I wasn't classed as a "high risk" case.
I was in Salford for 1 night..lol(a bit naughty of me)

im under him too

Im under dr summers, with the view of dr ammori doing surgery
had my pre op 3 months ago & went to have my cpap checked & go on pre op diet last month & the cpap didnt register a thing not even that it was turned on.... nurse tried 5 more cards & it didnt register that a card was in !!!!
So now everythings on hold until the cpap can register my sleep paterns, have a re-app for may...then who knows !!! Think when i get my op, i'll be doing the same as you...hate hospital stays , didnt they stop you ?

im hoping now that my cpac shows up the result snever had a problem with it before registering

Im under dr summers, with the view of dr ammori doing surgery
had my pre op 3 months ago & went to have my cpap checked & go on pre op diet last month & the cpap didnt register a thing not even that it was turned on.... nurse tried 5 more cards & it didnt register that a card was in !!!!
So now everythings on hold until the cpap can register my sleep paterns, have a re-app for may...then who knows !!! Think when i get my op, i'll be doing the same as you...hate hospital stays , didnt they stop you ?

Had my post op appointment with dr summer in jan,she's lovely.
No they didn't stop me as I was nagging to go home! I think they knew I was quite capable as I didn't use the morphine on offer and pushed myself to bathe/walk.
They just got meds/injections ready and I was off!..

im hoping now that my cpac shows up the result snever had a problem with it before registering
The nurse at the follow up app tried 5 other cards & none registered !!
said that he has never had 5 fails on 1 machine, im hoping thats the only fail as my app is on 8/5/13

Back