• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feelimg very down today

looking forward

I'm 2.5 weeks post banding and feeling so down today.
I have lost 16lbs so far, which is good.

But I can't shift this really down feeling today

I still cant sleep on my left side, and quite uncomfortable sleeping anyway, not sure if a good nights sleep would help.

I have craving for savory things , I'm on sloppy food for the next 2 weeks.

Sorry about the moan, just really down today.

(((HUGS))) I haven't had my surgery yet but my GP said the majority of her WLS patients have periods of depression afterwards and it is very normal. I hope this passes soon for you.

lack of sleep will be most likley to be whats making you feel this way, it sounds like your ports on the left, try a few soft pillows to elevate you a little in bed as this helped me alot when i was uncomfy.
maybe try a little cheesy mash to combat the savoury cravings, mash in dairy lea light ot laughing cow light its really nice.

i hope you feel better soon x

liz xxx

Thanks for that guys. I have been on a high since the surgery because it all went so well.

Then today really down in the dumps.

hopefully tomorrow will be better.

yes tomorrow is a new day, wls can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, try and get a good nights sleep and keep thinking of the positives this op will bring to your life xxx

Thanks for that guys. I have been on a high since the surgery because it all went so well.

Then today really down in the dumps.

hopefully tomorrow will be better.

After such a huge high...it's only natural that even the smallest amount of the blues is going to feel like the depths.

It will pass, your poor body has been through a lot lately, be kind to it and yourself...you will be fine.

Liz has also given you the best advice...she has been through it twice....Bless her.

~hugs~

I am thinking of you this morning and hope today is a better day!

did you sleep any better last night ? how are you today ?

Hi LF,

how you feeling today?

I'm almost 4 weeks post banding and I still can't sleep on my left side because I get a stitch (like when you've run really hard) in that side.
Anyway, I was having a chat with the Bariatric nurse on Tuesday whilst arranging my dietician call & x-ray appointment and asked her whether I would be able to feel the band with my fingers because I have 2 firm lumpy areas near my port scar. She told me that it's not possible to feel the band with the fingers as it is tucked well underneath the liver, but I may experience a 'stitch' in the left side if...
a) I had trapped wind, or
b) had eaten something that was taking a long while to get through the band.
I don't generally eat any later than 8pm (only the days Im working late) but do tend to have a cup of horlicks light before bed, so I'm trying not to have anything much later than 9pm.

I still use a thin pillow to prop my tummy in bed and can manage a few minutes on my left side, but mainly lie on my right....it is getting easier by the week but still not perfect yet.

Hang in there...it does get better :hug99:
and very well done on losing 16lb :)

Thank you all so much.

Still not sleeping very well.

However woke today in much better frame of mind.

I had to go for a Barium swallow to check that the band in working ok. I had myself convinced that something was wrong because its so uncomfortable on the left side.

The Nurse confirmed that everything is looking very good...phew

I then went for a pedicure and feel a lot better today.

So roll on more weight loss.!!!!

((( Hugs ))) This is perfectly normal to feel down a few weeks after surgey we have all been there and know how you are feeling it does soon pass and gets easier with time ... My port was so sore could not sleep on my side for wks so as been mentioned lack of sleep and also the fact that your comfort of food has been taken away is hard to deal with everyday gets easier and you will soon be feeling on top of the world :)

Corrine xx

So glad you are a bit happier today, it is a rollercoaster of emotions weight loss surgery as we want the slim new body but crave the life of food we have left behind...the food that cheers us when sad is no longer there for us. We will all benefit though health and happiness wise. I don't think I have heard one person on here say they have regrets but they do have blue days....you are not alone, take care and well done so far xxx

I had mine on april 15 and just starting to feel ok on right side when i sleep dont feel like it is catching on my ribs any more do still get the odd pain when i move a certain way but can say it does get better you will be fine wont be long.The lump you can feel on left is prob your port.

Back