• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleev or by pass???? advice appreciated

Loving this thread, I too am in the by-pass v sleeve battle I have till the 9th of may to make my choice. Decisions decisions

Is tha y your op date badgerpink? Or is it when you meet your surgeon? I was told I need to make a decision before I see my surgeon which is next month. Its all happening now :) x

I have seen those Becky and I am a little skeptical. Just because the stats my hospital quotes are based on their own patients. But I do appreciate it is debate able.

I was told to make my decision before I see the dietician on the 9th of may if I have maintained or lost they will apply for funding, then I will go on the list ? I'm already 18 pounds down

I looked at the BOSPA website and that indicated that I looked at sleeve and bypass. My type 2 diabetes then pointed me more towards bypass. I'm guessing your BMI and the amount you have to loose put you in the same kind off area therefore the answer lies in any co-morbitities you have. I had no questions as I had the diabetes, except open or keyhole. I had keyhole, again a good decision, gallbladder looked at (knackered) so removed ( family history of problems, mother and sister). Overall best things I ever did. 13 weeks out.

Back