• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve Gastrectomy last Wednesday and life already looks good!!!!

jayney

Hi all,

I did promise to come back online when it was all over and done with so here I am !!

I had my op last Wednesday (24th Nov) and cant describe how priviledged and thrilled I feel to have been given this chance to tackle my weight once and for all.

On the morning of surgery I'd lost over 5 stone in the run up to the operation date and although I was petrified that something may go wrong I have to say that it was all very plain sailing (apart from some pain in recovery ~ poor male nurse had his ear chewed off abit!) By the next morning I was walking for a shower and allowed a cup of coffee and the day got better as half a mullerlite yoghurt was devoured for tea.

I was allowed home Friday teatime after a very small serving of tomato soup and I have just gone on and on getting better.

I'm 8lb lighter on the scales already and honestly feel great ~ there's an obvious soreness if I twist or move sharply but I've had the straighteners on my hair this morning so thats a good sign of me getting better!!

I'm determined not to run before I can walk so the snow keeping me housebound isnt actually a bad thing

so for anyone still awaiting their operation a massive hug of best wishes x and for all of you inspiring us newbies a big kiss 'thank you'

Jayne

Congratulations Jayne and welcome to the losers bench. Glad everything went alright. We haven't got any snow in Manchester yet, but it's been trying to snow all day. Keep warm and drink plenty of fluid.

Rebirth

sounds like your doing fab! good luck and sending speedy recovery vibes x

Really pleased to hear you so happy and positive :)

Welcome to the losers bench hun, you sound so very positive. xxxxx

Fantastic to see you on the Losers Bench Jayney... it's a tremendous achievement.... wishing you all the very best on your journey and keep in touch... love and hugs xxx

Congratulations and welcome to the Losers' Bench.
Grace xxx

good to hear your doing and feeling so well.

Really pleased you're doing so well so soon after your op! You sound very happy :)

Welcome to the losers bench, you sound very positive and upbeat. Long may your happiness continue, mine has :) xx

:)That's great news Jayne:)

We've all moved along the bench for you-how good you must feel already after losing so much pre-op!

not been online in a long time but I am 3 months post surgery now and feel and look great!!
weight today is 120.65kg so still coming off nicely

xx

Well done precious xxx

Jayne,

Thanks for your post. I have read about so many people having no pain after surgery, your post strangely made me feel better, now if I do I won't worry so much! :)

Back