• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve surgery

Kriss8

Hi guys so I think I am swaying to the sleeve surgery, would any of you guys who have had this type of surgery like to tell me how you found it. How did surgery go? What is the recovery like? Living with it? Any regrets.

Also I do not want to tell my two sons I am having this, my eldest is a healthy and fitness fanatic and I know he wouldn't want me to do this, to him its simple heathly eating and exercise, but I can't do that or I wouldn't be the size I am, I feel like I have an addiction. I guess what I am asking is Is it possible to hide this type of surgery from them or would I have to come clean?

Sorry for all the questions but would really appreciate some advice? Thanks :)

If you have a look around the site you will find lots of truthful accounts of all the types of surgery done, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

I am waiting for a date on my bypass.....and waiting......

Good luck on your journey

kate

Thank you Kate it's such a daunting task isn't it I read lots of good things and think yes I am going to do it and then read some horror stories and think oh god can I really out my family through that. But I think at the end of the day losing weight and getting healthier is what it's all about. Good luck with your journey I hope you get your date soon xx

Hi Kriss,

I am off for sleeve surgery on Tuesday all being well :) there are lots of people/threads on here that offer great advice and support :) all the best with your journey!!xx

Thanks I'll keep looking but it think I've made up my mind I've got to do it. Good luck with your surgery I look forward to hearing about your journey ?? xx

Hello
I too am waiting for my op and I can't wait! I wish you luck in all you wish for

Hi, 4 months post sleeve here and no regrets whatsoever!

Surgery was fine but I had a post op bleed which kinda knocked me out for a bit (don't worry very uncommon) had the usual deferred wind pain which isn't pleasant but was expected and pain killers helped. Took 3.5 weeks off my office job, had hoped to go back sooner but didn't have the energy. Won't lie, the first week and half passed in a blur and I struggled to keep the small amount of stuff that was passing my lips down but it very slowly gets better. My energy levels still aren't fantastic but my dietitian says it can take several months to build up my stamina. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day, all with some element of protein and at least 2 meals with veg or fruit. (But follow you dietitian a advice). My portion sizes are still very small (think 3yr olds plate) but I still manage to go out for meals and have been to the pub a few times as well.

All in and including my pre op diet I am 2lbs short of a 6 stone loss (but to me this is the easy part - it will be the maintenance that will be the true test for me)

Only my husband, inlaws and close friends know. My kids 7 & 9 know I had surgery but not the nature, same with my work (who assumed it was women stuff) I think in the early days you may struggle to keep it from you sons, especially if they live with you.

If you want to know anything else, just ask away and good luck :)

Hi matra

Thank you so much for sharing that with me it makes me feel so much more positive about going ahead. I've had a consultation with mr Alan Li he seemed really nice. I am now going to look into getting a date booked. I had an hysterectomy 5 years ago so I suppose I could always use that excuse to my son he won't ask questions about that lol.

Well done on your weight loss that is a fabulous achievement and good luck with your future goals. Xx

Hi Kriss, I had a sleeve almost a year ago. The surgery was fine, a bit uncomfortable for 24 hrs but morphine sorted that. I found each stage very easy, but I made sure I stuck to the guidlines. I have lost almost 7 stone, I would like to lose another 2-3stone but I seem to have stuck since the beginning of the year. However I'm so pleased I had it even if I don't lose any more weight I am so much better off than I was last year.Good luck with your surgery!

Thank you that makes me feel so much better. That is a fantastic weight loss well done I only hope that one day I can say the same. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey I look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks again :) xx

Back