• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleever2013

Sleever2013

Hello,
I am new to this site and have never posted on anything before. I am not sure what I am doing!! I have been going to Bariatric Group meetings monthly for about one year. I am scheduled for a Sleeve Gastrectomy on August 23. I am starting to get a little anxious about the whole thing and I hope I am making the right decision.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I was sleeved little over 5 months ago and so far I've lost 60 lbs incl. the pre op diet. I still have a lot more weight to lose but the sleeve is the perfect tool for me. And that is all it is - a tool. If I wanted to I could still gain weight by eating chocolate, ice cream, butter etc. For me it is all about portion control and the sleeve gives me enough restriction.
Painwise the op really isn't too bad. Removing the drain a few days after surgery sucks but other than that I was fine. I was back to my desk job after two weeks and I was really fine. If you have any questions don't hestitate to ask. Enjoy the forum and keep us posted.

Hi Sleever2013 , I had sleeve on 7th May this year and I love it! I have lost 2st 4lb since the op, and can now eat most foods. I feel really well and the pain after the op was not bad at all. I would recommend the sleeve to anyone, even though the weight loss may not be as quick as with the bypass, it does give you more freedom to eat without worrying about dumping, and you are less likely to suffer from malnutrition. I eat three healthy small meals a day, and 2 snacks of fruit or yoghurt. I have had the occasional treat too. Hope this helps:)

Back