• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 post op

hails80

I came home today after having surgery yesterday morning and it might sound silly but how much can I have in a day on the post op liquid diet? Today I have had in total 2 yoghurts a smoothie a slimfast and a soup. Plus my water.

I just wondered what everyone else done to begin with and what their average daily intake was like??

Also how do I know if I'm eating to much? As obviously I don't have any restriction I'm scared I will have to much and cause slippage?

Best advice would be to follow your providers guidance, as they are all different. It's early days to be counting, and so long as you are sticking to your fluids as per their guidance, you shouldn't be causing any damage to the band. :)

I have very specific guidelines from my provider about what I can have, what I should be having and in what quantities, so do check with them :)

I'm with THG and the book just says liquids. It does give guidelines of 3 "meals" a day eg slimfast or soup. And 3 snacks eg smoothie, milky coffee or hot chocolate.

I'm having 2 slimfast a day, a WW tomato soup a bit of smoothie, bit of pouring yogurt and a milky drink. Having something every few hours.

Feeling ok today 6 days post op, going out for the first time x x

Omg you are managing so much more than me. 6 days out and the most I've managed is half a Slimfast and 2 small soups. Even a juice fills me up for ages!

I'm also with hospital group. I've looked through the book today and am going to follow what they have written.

Is it normal to feel this bloated? I just ate half a yoghurt and feel really stuffed?

I feel bloated probably the swelling inside.

I am finding I'm ready for something every few hours. Only had one slimfast a day the last few days for brekkie. Split my WW soup into 2 for dinner and tea. Bits inbetween as I can manage x

Day 8 and 85% better. Can use my stomach muscle again and just get shoulder pain after eating. Scales say 1st 9lbs down and I'm into the 13's. This little band is my new best friend.

Hi all, I am day two pre-op and have so far manages two spoons of yoghurt. I am sipping drinks all day long so am not concerned about that but dont even really feel hungry although have stocked up on soup and slim fast shakes for when the urge returns.

ginstar said:
Hi all, I am day two pre-op and have so far manages two spoons of yoghurt. I am sipping drinks all day long so am not concerned about that but dont even really feel hungry although have stocked up on soup and slim fast shakes for when the urge returns.

I didn't manage anything for the first two days and only started to feel hungry yesterday Day 10. Well done and welcome to the losers bench x

Back