• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slipped band

kalkatt

Hey all, so much for feeling better! Still can't keep anything solid down, feels like something is stuck in my throat all the time.
What are the symptoms of a slipped band? I will be calling the hospital tomorrow, but just wondered if that's what the problem could be?

I peeked at a few information sites and most seem to describe acute band slippage symptoms as pain, bloating, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing liquids and solids.

I also read that a band can sometimes slip only a little, in which case the problem may be fairly easy to fix. The important thing is for you to seek professional advice, fast. It might be a different problem altogether!

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Thanks, that's what I have read, I don't have any pain, it's just I can't eat anything solid, whereas I could a week or so ago, and anything I eat comes straight back up!

Does what you bring back up have a mucus coating? I have seen that referred to as 'P'b-ing'. Don't know what that stands for but the explanation given was that what we cannot properly or completely swallow is coated by the body in 'slime' in order to make it easy to regurgitate!

Sorry if that was a bit TMI lol. That you have no pain is surely a good sign. But any difficulty in swallowing has to be investigated x

Give your provider a call hun, there could be a whole host of reasons that have been written somewhere or some symptom that features in some article here, there or anywhere . . .that could suggest what it is, and as such, you could be worrying yourself unduly as it could be none of those things . . .

If you've been vomiting etc its quite likely that the band area is inflamed and if a couple of days on liquids only, then on mash doesn't enable you to get foods down, then it maybe you have slightly too much in your band. First things first, contact your provider, discuss with them what is happening and seek their advice - they are the ones who can help in the best way :)

hope you're feeling better soon . .

Pb is a productive burp, it's where you burp and bring food up. Sliming is something different for me. I literally bring up masses of saliva. I can't stop it coming up! Both for me are related to eating too much.

Just as I would have explained ... there is a difference between pbing and slimimg ... yuck!

Hope you have managed to get hold of them today xx

Pb is a productive burp, it's where you burp and bring food up. Sliming is something different for me. I literally bring up masses of saliva. I can't stop it coming up! Both for me are related to eating too much.

Ah, thank you, Tea!

I was informed by the content of several posts I came across very recently. Despite having been 'banded' for months or, in one case, two years, those posters seemed to agree that 'P'b-ing was as I described it. As I stated, I did not know what 'P'b-ing really meant. Now I do! Even so the 'mucus' phenomenon is well-documented.

'Learning all the time', (LOL), as the late Benny Hill's German character used to say!

Kalkatt - how are you doing? Any news?

Hey all, am having a couple of days on just liquids, so giving everything chance to settle down a bit xx

How are you finding it - is it helping?

I'm with you on the liquids as I had my 3rd fill today and she popped in 1.5mls . . .hang in there and hope you feel better!

I think it's where it was that time of the month, and I had had a tummy bug the week before, everything was just really swollen. Well hoping that was it, as not had a fill yet, my band is still empty!!

Hi Kalkatt

Can you tell me your symptoms again? I feel like I've got the band in the back of my throat and slight pain under my breast bone. I can eat and drink but I've gone back to liquids only for now. I'm on meds but I just can't see a change yet.

I've hot a bad feeling that its slipped.

Back