• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cold affecting my band?!

Cariadd88

Hey Guys, this might be too much info but I've got a stinking cold at the moment and it seems to be affecting my band. Anything I eat seems to get stuck but not like iron fist feeling and if it comes back up it's very slimey/mucusy ( sorry if that sounds disgusting!! ) wondered if any one else suffered with what feels like a plug when ill? Thanks xx

Hiya hope.you are feeling better. When my band was tighter I had that too I think it's because the mucous would get stuck in the pouch and not go through. I used to just take it easy and start with a hot drink and often I would cough it up then I was fine. No pain or anything.

it's quite normal that if you're ill that the band responds and tightens, not just with colds etc but all sorts of illnesses. You may find it easier to stick with warm liquids, warm as it helps for many to relax the band slightly, but also it's not good to keep having good get stuck and brought back up.

Hi all thank you for the replies. Still struggling a bit but seems to be easing. Only had my band since December and this is the first time I've been properly ill since having it so didn't know what was going on! They really are strange things these bands they really have a mind of their own x

Back