• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Snacking

Nkpjkb56

Does anyone who has been banded snack I find it hard to get fruit into my diet how does everyone else incorporate fruit into there 3 meals a day

I rarely touch fruit as the sugar content, altho natural slows down my weight losses. If i do have fruit it will be berries or a banana once a week on top of my porridge.

I struggle with fruit as its a bit acidy ... But I do try a bit of chopped up apple or banana with yoghurt for breakfast, or slices of apple or melon as a snack

I suppose it differs from person to person and provider to provider. Some providers say stick to three meals only, some says three meals then up to two snacks in between of no more than 100 calories. The aim of the band is to have you eat reduced volumes of the right food. For me, I am up from c 4.30am till 10.00pm and three meals only approach doesn't work for my body. I get stomach ache or get too hungry and then eat too quickly (creating sliming) if I stick to the three meals a day and nothing in between. I try to stay to these approximately and it's what works for me now in maintenance ... at 1600 cals a day ... breakfast 300cals, snack 100cals, lunch 400cals, snack 100cals, dinner 600cals, milky coffee 100cals. When I was losing, I had c 100 calories less for each meal, and two instead of three snack. I am not saying its right, but it's what's worked for me to lose 11stones and not be overtight / not have fills/defills. I worked with my dietician. I would speak to your dietician/provider and see what they agree is the best / right thing for you :) x

I find melon is the best fruit for me, and I love it!

I like smoothies too, but I only have kids ones because of the sugar content.

i dont eat fruit mainly cos of the sugar content. But i do snack and my dietician seems happy with it so long as their fairly healthy snacks. I eat about 1300-1400cals a day at the mo.

Back