• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stage 3 - textured foods

luckyla

I'll be finishing pureed food today and moving onto textured food from tomorrow ;-)
The info from the dietician says I should be aiming for three meals a day, with one snack during the day if I feel hungry. The meals should be on a tea plate or child's plate.
My worry is how will I know when I'm full? I know this may sound a ridiculous question but I'm paranoid about over eating! I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone on stage 3 or who's already been through stage 3.
How did you get on? Also, how did you incorporate fruit into your day?

Unfortunately if you over eat, you will be sick. Feelings are different that people get. Mine was a feeling like heart burn. As soon as I started feeling this I stopped eating :)

Don't worry, it's all trial and error.

i just felt really full! i ate slowly (sometimes having to re-heat food) and because i was so afraid of vomitting, i took it easy and my sleeve told me when she had had enough! x

You will know when you have had enough dont worry!
I had to have 6 small 'meals'to get enough protein in!
I have half a banana with a weetabix for brekkie,baby bel and some fruit for lunch,fruit and yoghurt for supper.you can have a few cherries/plums while out shopping etc

I feel full like iv'e just eaten a 3course meal. and then i get the hicups. there is no doubting the feeling. xx

I'll be finishing pureed food today and moving onto textured food from tomorrow ;-)
The info from the dietician says I should be aiming for three meals a day, with one snack during the day if I feel hungry. The meals should be on a tea plate or child's plate.
My worry is how will I know when I'm full? I know this may sound a ridiculous question but I'm paranoid about over eating! I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone on stage 3 or who's already been through stage 3.
How did you get on? Also, how did you incorporate fruit into your day?

i have a glass of fresh juice 100ml for my snack. i try to eat my protein 1st and then my veg, most of the time i'm full b4 i get to the spuds.

Back