• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Alone...WANT TO GO AWAY AND HIDE

hi biggy,

yes,you tube does lift my spirits,and everything you said about housework has helped(even though it should be so unimportant!)Im a bit of a cleaning freak so I hope Im like you...thanks xx

Oh my goodness so am I! My mum has been here to help out and my house is a pig stye! But tonight my eldest is going to clean (under my supervision lol) and I am going to pay him for it. That way he gets extra pocket money and I get the house the way I like it.

But as others have said, you can always catch up as you feel better.

I cannot add to whats already said. Regarding chores, the first day I sat and peeled spuds, which helped, I could make cups of tea the 2nd day, but dont lift anything too heavy. Day three I could tidy round, our house is always a tip, and put things away and I gradually progressed from there.

Please dont do any heavy lifting, treat the op as if you had a hysterectomy.

Good luck, cheer up and you will defo will wonder why you felt like this after the op. xxxx

Oh honey... I really feel for you! I do agree with others that its more yr husbands fears than how he actually feels... if you could do this by yourself you would & this operation is just a miracle for us people that can't do it.

As for the housework... well we just have to drop our standards for a while & know that it will get done once we're ready to do it... its only a house & this is yr life!

((( hugs )))

My mam doesn't want me to have the operation but I think she is just worried and my boyfriend is worried that I will leave him when I'm slim but I've told him not to be silly, your husband is probably worried the same, hope you get things sorted out tonight, I feel for you it's awful being on your own. You will look back on this in a years time when you are at your goal weight and know you made the right choice. Good Luck for you operation, Karen x

I just think they are all worried about the op. It is a big deal and will change your life when they see this, they will all be with you i,m sure. goodluck.x

Emma-louise, I'm a total clean freak too!! I absolutely gutted the house before I went for the op and doing a little bit every day has kept it that way. Just as long as you don't start lugging the vaccuum cleaner around the house you will be ok!!

Big hugs luv..... youl be fine! be selfish on this one and think of yourself and how youl feel when your skinny - you will be so much happier, your family will be glad youve had it when all them lbs start dropping off and your alot healthier! there just worried thats all! - good luck babe and keep in touch xxxx

I have been fortunate so far, in that I have 100% support from my family, my mum, god bless would carry me on her back to the hospital if needs be, my sisters can't wait to see the results and see me happy, my kids want a sporty mommy, my dad... well... he just grunts and says "whatever makes you happy love.... and if it helps go for it". reactions and support thus far has been unwaivering.... except for my grown up neice (who is also carrying too many lbs) and she felt it was too extreme. It will be interesting to see her response afterwards.... methinks she may have secret hankerings for a solution also.

Anyways... I ramble, Emma-louise, just do what you have to do for you at this point. Family will worry, and folks will say daft things that tick us off or hurt our feeling, but the bottom line is that this is about US, YOU ME and others who know what it is like to live as an "obese" person (and I so hate that word)

Chin up hun... it's your time to shine!

hello everyone,

You have all got me in tears!!
I thank you all for your lovely messages,and I dont feel on my own anymore..wish me luck for next monday!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Emma,
Thinking of you and hoping that you are starting to feel better than this morning... it's getting close for you now and I think everything starts to whirl around with both your thoughts and the families...
With the best will in the world you have gone this far, try and organise what you can and hand the rest over to hubby.
It's your decision to do this for yourself, it's your body and I wish you every good wish on your journey....
At times of stess it's so normal for everyone's emotions to overspill and it's a tough time...
Hoping all runs to plan and sending you love and thoughts to get through... be great to be in touch when you emerge at the other end too... good luck and take care... Bev xxx

I'm feeling so sorry for you right now! It's awful when you feel like you don't have the support from your family, but to feel that way about someone who you chose to be your partner for life is even worse.

I would echo what some of the wise people above me said. Apologies to all the men on the group when i say this....

MEN ARE DINOSAURS - Well okay maybe not dinosaurs but maybe neolithic cavemen. Some men can't just turn round and say '' i love you i'm worried you won't make it'', so they let it stew inside and when they near ready to 'pop' the slightest thing will set them off and they say the opposite of what they really think. In your hubby's case i think this is probably what happened. I'm guessing if he thought there was no risk and you'd come out right as rain he would never have said what he said....

But you are right about your family, *&O^ em! You go get this operation and start living your life for you! Not because you are gonna wear smaller clothes (although this is very nice :) ) but because your health is going to improve in leaps and bounds. My energy levels and health have increased so much with just a loss of 3 1/2 stone, i'm imagining by the time i lose the other 6+ stone that goes with it i am a up and coming potential olympic gold medal winner. Okay maybe not, but i will be fit and i will be fast lol xxx

Take your chance and live your life to the max... Ps i'm not sure how old your children are, but i'm a firm believer that most kids can help with chores, even if it's just picking washing out the laundry basket and putting it in the machine. And well to be honest, kids like to help, so let them xxx

I'm feeling so sorry for you right now! It's awful when you feel like you don't have the support from your family, but to feel that way about someone who you chose to be your partner for life is even worse.

I would echo what some of the wise people above me said. Apologies to all the men on the group when i say this....

MEN ARE DINOSAURS - Well okay maybe not dinosaurs but maybe neolithic cavemen. Some men can't just turn round and say '' i love you i'm worried you won't make it'', so they let it stew inside and when they near ready to 'pop' the slightest thing will set them off and they say the opposite of what they really think. In your hubby's case i think this is probably what happened. I'm guessing if he thought there was no risk and you'd come out right as rain he would never have said what he said....

But you are right about your family, *&O^ em! You go get this operation and start living your life for you! Not because you are gonna wear smaller clothes (although this is very nice :) ) but because your health is going to improve in leaps and bounds. My energy levels and health have increased so much with just a loss of 3 1/2 stone, i'm imagining by the time i lose the other 6+ stone that goes with it i am a up and coming potential olympic gold medal winner. Okay maybe not, but i will be fit and i will be fast lol xxx

Take your chance and live your life to the max... Ps i'm not sure how old your children are, but i'm a firm believer that most kids can help with chores, even if it's just picking washing out the laundry basket and putting it in the machine. And well to be honest, kids like to help, so let them xxx

thanks julie,

your message made me laugh!
infact my hubby told me he was very sorry and he fully supports me(he told me he was tired)and work are having redundancys,he kept that one from me.
I think hes protecting me from more stress.,everyone has been wonderful on here,so I guess I have friends after all!

xxxxxx

Thats brilliant Emma-Louise... I do wish men would vocalise a bit more, they'd find life a wee bit easier if they did!

Glad hubby is behind you that is so important. xxx

Back