• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So angry being messed around

Pookie

Sorry but i want to rant about the way my case has been handled.
Feb 09 i started a diet and lost 2 stone and was refered to Dr Cheruvu for bypass surgery. He gave me the go ahead as did Prof Clayton a few weeks later. In sept i hadnt heard anything so phoned Dr Cheruvu's secretary who as it turns out was off on sick leave. Many phone calls later i finally find that funding is sorted and just need to wait for a date. Late Sept the secretary called out of the blue to say she needed to know my current weight which i told her (the 2 stone was now back btw) She never said a thing. Then she goes on annual leave and i eventually speak to her 2 weeks ago to ask what is going on and why i havent heard a date yet? Once again she asked me for my weight whivh was the same as Sept and after speaking with Dr Cheruvu i am told that i need to lose the 2 stone before i can have the op.
Now i am not stupid just fat. So if someone had said to me if you get any heavier we will not operate i would have understood and continued to yoyo diet until the op but no one said anything of the sort until 2 weeks ago and now i have to waste 2 months losing this weight again meaning the op is going to be more like march april.
Of course i am grateful that i have this opportunity to have the op but the sheer fact that i need to op means i cannot manage my weight well and to see someone in March and then ignore them for months expecting them to diet without a goal date is cruel. All it would have taken was for some one to say "ok we are looking at a date in December make sure you are at your origional weight by then" and i would have starved to make that possible.
So i am now starting my pre pre-op diet and drinking only milk and broth till i lose the wieght as i want it off as quickly as possible.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems?

I think you deserve to rant, how frustrating. Is there any way to get a date now for two months time. At least then you would have a goal date. You are right, the way you have been treated is indeed cruel. And it is one of my pet hates that everything comes to a halt whenever a secretary takes a holiday. I really wish you good luck and hope you will soon have a date. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Dawn i will lose nearly all the weight then make the appointment to see him so i still have a little to lose after making the call but i hope they hurry up i am gutted to be on a diet at this time of year xx

awww poor you RANT away you must be so mad hope you can manage to get a date to work too. xxx

How amazingly frustrating!! I would be screaming bloody murder at this point as clearly they have messed you around!! I would definitely talk to them about trying to get on the waiting list whilst you're losing the weight to cut down on the waiting time. Do you think they'd do that?

Back