• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A strongly worded e-mail

Pookie

I would like to post copy of an e-mail that i sent to Dr Cheruvu and within an hour his secretary had made me an appointment to see him next week in pre-ams uhns. Let me know your thoughts.
Pookie xx
Dear Dr Cheruvu

I am currently on your waiting list after being given the go ahead for the gastric bypass operation in March. I had spent the previous 3 months dieting and your decision meant i would hopefully not be losing that 2 stone again... Wrong!!! .Having seen Prof Clayton and having an endocrine test it was just a case of waiting. The summer came and went and i had heard nothing in writing or by phone so i tried to contact Sue Dean to find out what stage things were up to. She assured me that things were rolling along and that i should get a date soon. During September i had an urgent message to contact the office with my current weight which was now 2 stone heavier than in March (all the good work undone again!) you even requested a copy of a letter signing off from haematology to be faxed through that very day so I thought this meant that things were finally happening...again Wrong!. The next few months became a farce of trying to get in touch with your office and get a date. Eventually in November i spoke to Sue and after speaking to you she announced that I had to lose the 2 stone and then contact you.

Dr Cheruvu i am not a stupid woman i am overweight and i appreciate that you are in charge of changing my life BUT at no point did anyone tell me that my operation was only going ahead if I weighed 21st 7 not in March or In September when I phoned it though to you urgently. I feel totally let down and decided in November to virtually starve myself to lose the weight. After losing a stone I fell ill, gave in and then with Christmas well let's just say back to square one.

I would like to ask for a reason why I am in this position of non communication and depression. Also many thousands of people heavier and lighter than me have undergone the op with great results. If I could control my weight I would not be asking for your help. I totally appreciate that you are a busy man but I need answers soon.

Last edited:
I think the email was fine,it does baffle me how different surgeons want different things. i put on 3 stone in the 9months i waited for surgery and my weight gain wasnt mentioned, as you say if the weight loss was that easy we wouldnt be in this situation, i understand that some say the weight loss is wanted to show your commitment but this isnt always black and white and should be judged to each individual case as all our situations and needs are different. As i said i put on 3 stone but since my op have lost 8 stone in 8 months so to me that doesnt show lack of commitment. I really hope you get the answers you want, keep us posted, take care x

you go girl!

fantastic x x

Good going hope you get your answers. I wrote To Mr Ammori when he told me I couldnt have a band. In teh end these surgeons are human they are not god.
x

Very well said! You are totally correct to demand answers to your questions! Its great to see someone being so proactive in as you saying "changing your life" Well done you!!!

Good luck with what looks like your pre admissions appointment next week.

I know the frustration of waiting and weightgaining. I was on the list for over 2 and half years!

Xx

Fab Email.. Sometimes a straight forward question, get's the answers you want! Finger's crossed this is the case! x

How much do you charge for your skills? Blooming marvellous email, no ranting but straight to the point! I like your style Pookie.... Good luck with the answers and the onwards and upwards xxx

It's unfortunate that you've had to slam fists on tables (so to speak) in an effort to get answers. I was much less patient I can tell you when I was waiting for a psych appointment. I kept emailing my team, badgering them until I eventually got the appointment. Again recently when my op was cancelled due to the snow, I wasn't told a new date which was killing me, so I emailed them again and the morning after, I got a phone call with my new date.

I does work if you keep badgering people for answers. Hopefully you'll get a decent reply soon.

I think the e-mail alone shows your comitment.
Straight to the point and shows your fustration.
Good luck sue.

Back