• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So close yet so far away

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Ever feel like this?? Ok iv lost just over 11 stone since April and I know that's fab but over the last 2 months iv only lost about 1 stone and iv still a few stone to go I feel as I'll never b a normal size, well the size ild like to b.... I shouldn't b upset bcus let's face it without surgery I would still b 25 stone and yet at 13 stone 11lb I feel fab but I just want another few stone off I sound ungrateful don't I?? Iv got my holiday in July and I want to wear a bikini, iv never been able to wear one comfortably wore one this September after loosing almost 10 stone but wore a top over the top of it, I wanna wear one without the top, I wanna feel comfortable on the beach, i joined the gym 3rd jan and been going 4 times a wk since I wonder if it's cus I'm building muscle and if I am wen will this in return make me loose weight? I'm sorry bet u pre oppers r thinking ungrateful cow but I'm not I'm so grateful just finding it difficult that 9 months post op iv come to a stand still x

You might still be loosing inches Laura? I'm sure you will continue to loose the lbs too but it must slow down considerably once you get closer to your goal or ideal weight. You have done so well thus far, don't loose faith, you will get there :) xxx

Jen1961 said:
You might still be loosing inches Laura? I'm sure you will continue to loose the lbs too but it must slow down considerably once you get closer to your goal or ideal weight. You have done so well thus far, don't loose faith, you will get there :) xxx

Thanks Jen, iv started being even more careful with wat I eat/drink as I desperately want to lose the last bit, I'm sure I'll get there just frushtraiting especially wen u got ppl saying gosh how much u lost now and u tell them then the month after they ask again and it's still the same but I suppose it's better than putting on which I ain't done so far so fingers crosses I don't x

It's hard isn't it? I've only lost a tiny amount since Christmas and don't think I've lost anything at all this week. I've looked at the weeks when I was losing big amounts and I was only eating 200-300 calories in those early days. Now it's more like a thousand a day. I can remember doing a 100 calorie a day diet when I first started dieting as a teenager ( that was the only type of diet then I think) and the expected weight loss was only a pound a week. So maybe this is normal dieting for you. Trouble is it's my total intolerance of normal dieting that has helped me get bigger and bigger. I am SO tempted to cut back to 5-600 cals a day to speed things up as I was certainly losing well at that kind of intake. Just because I can eat more now doesn't mean I HAVE to, does it?
Having said that have just had chicken for tea and only eaten a tiny bit again because dense protein fills me up so quickly !
I have 5 stone left to lose and it seems do-able now but at a pound a week or less I'll be too flappin old to enjoy being slim !!!

i honestly think that we are never happy with ourselves, but i would certainly be measuring yourself...you have to be losing somewhere, inches or weight

july is 5 months away, 20 wks and 1lb a week is a stone and a half...

you can do that!! x

MissyMustDoIt said:
i honestly think that we are never happy with ourselves, but i would certainly be measuring yourself...you have to be losing somewhere, inches or weight

july is 5 months away, 20 wks and 1lb a week is a stone and a half...

you can do that!! x

Fingers crossed hey Hun xx

Miss Tickle said:
It's hard isn't it? I've only lost a tiny amount since Christmas and don't think I've lost anything at all this week. I've looked at the weeks when I was losing big amounts and I was only eating 200-300 calories in those early days. Now it's more like a thousand a day. I can remember doing a 100 calorie a day diet when I first started dieting as a teenager ( that was the only type of diet then I think) and the expected weight loss was only a pound a week. So maybe this is normal dieting for you. Trouble is it's my total intolerance of normal dieting that has helped me get bigger and bigger. I am SO tempted to cut back to 5-600 cals a day to speed things up as I was certainly losing well at that kind of intake. Just because I can eat more now doesn't mean I HAVE to, does it?
Having said that have just had chicken for tea and only eaten a tiny bit again because dense protein fills me up so quickly !
I have 5 stone left to lose and it seems do-able now but at a pound a week or less I'll be too flappin old to enjoy being slim !!!

Snap I'm the same bcus I can eat more now I felt as though I was, so iv cut down again want to try and cut out snacking cus I wernt snacking at all b4 at the start, today iv started having more liquid like soup for lunch and drank more, I'll do it! We both will xx

Good luck hun im sure ull get there :) uve dun amazing so far where there's a will there's a way :) ull have that bikini body in summer I'm sure x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

laura im exactly the same and since dec i have only lost 5lbs. im a bit gutted short term but in the grand scheme ive lost 6 stones.... im 12st9 and want to shift another 2 stone minimum... i dont know its just nuts! i hate that its slowed down so dont think about it. i know this happens as im 8 month post op now xxx

we will get there! xx

I don't think you are ungrateful! I will be okay with any loss but I know I will not be happy unless I feel I am in 'normal' sizes. Especially after having gone through surgery for it!

Thanks lady's, just disheartening wen u slow down after going through something so major not only for ur health but to fit in and on ur bmi ur still classed as over weight :-( but from a 26 to a 14-16 carnt b bad if someone said to me last yr this time next year I would fit into a 14 I would of told them r they for real! I would never of believed them! So should just go with the flow I'm sure the rest will come off wen it's ready xx

Hi Laura , snap for me too. I have only lost 4 pounds over the last six weeks, I have a stone to go, I am now eleven stone and when I say to people nearly there they say no don't loose anymore but I know to get to my healthy bmi I need to be ten stone. It really is disheartening. I feel so ungrateful but great thread as it shows others are going through it too. Xxxx

The same too Laura for me comes off really slow no matter how much I exercise and eat healthily :cry: .. I think tho I have lost 7 stone now since beginning June(because put on 10lb post op :confused:) and I wouldn't think I could do that so altho it's still a daily battle think we should b quite chuffed:D my doctor told me yesterday that health wise it's basically job done and just to not worry so much how quickly it comes off as this is not a race it's for life :)As much as I would like that to sink in I would still like this last couple stone to melt fast :8855: u have done so well just remember that person u used to b!! X

Protien and salads,plenty of fluids.Dont rely on soups as your body will lack nutrition.Protien is very inportant always to us bypassers.A can of tuna and salad is a fab meal!Too many carbs will slow the losses too!

Always follow high protein and had cut carbs completely but then had a couple carb fuelled days with potato and pasta and scales moving again !!

If anyone can do it Laura it is you! Have total faith in you, always said what an inspiration you are to us post oppers. I know when I started exercising big time in Jan my weight loss came to standstill until last week! If I lose inches and tone up I figure it is still worth the effort. Can't imagine ever wearing a bikini...but know you will definitely be in yours come July!

EmmaLouise81 said:
If anyone can do it Laura it is you! Have total faith in you, always said what an inspiration you are to us post oppers. I know when I started exercising big time in Jan my weight loss came to standstill until last week! If I lose inches and tone up I figure it is still worth the effort. Can't imagine ever wearing a bikini...but know you will definitely be in yours come July!

Thank you... Iv upped my exercise even more doing classes as well as gym the scales will move lol!! Hopefully xxxxx

Back