• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise class

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi everyone iv done my first ever exercise class tonight and feel fantastic, at 25 stone I could only think of doing a class and I would of felt tired, now I'm in the 13's I thought go for it see how it goes, sooo I went legs bums and tums and loved it, I pushed myself as much as I could and didn't collapse as I thought I might lol, even booked in for tomorrow to do it all again along with body combat..... Iv been doing the gym since January 2nd and been really enjoying it so wanted to add something else, so that's that gonna do legs bums and tums at least once a wk along with my gym sessions just feel very pleased with myself so wanted to share it with u all, hope u don't mind? Also because it was in a dance studio I thought o no mirrors I don't wanna see myself in the Mirror being the fattest one in there and iv gotta b honest it's the first time iv acually seen that acually I'm an average size now and I didn't stand out like a sore thumb like I thought I would, sometimes it takes our heads alot of time to catch up with the weight loss and it ain't caught up yet but tonight it deffo gave my head a nudge in the right direction whoooooo x

oh that is great news... well done xxx

Thank you, just feels great doing something that's good for ya and the feeling of acually being able to do it with out dying lol x

Brilliant, well done :)
I d the gym and swim but not ventured into the classes yet, maybe later in the year, love to try zumba !!

I tried Zumba wen I was big it was fun but too hard with carrying so much weight but I'll deffo try it again soon I just hate that every Zumba class is so packed! Puts me off xxxxx

Well Done Hun xx My friends lent me Zumba for the Wi !! So will try that first x And booked into my Aqua Fit for next week !!

Hi
Is zumba hard to pick up and follow?
I know what you mean about being put off the classes as they are so packed out!
It puts me off as the one near me was full of posers..
So I'm wondering whether to buy it for my Wii fit,but not sure if It looks hard to copy?

emma-louise said:
Hi
Is zumba hard to pick up and follow?
I know what you mean about being put off the classes as they are so packed out!
It puts me off as the one near me was full of posers..
So I'm wondering whether to buy it for my Wii fit,but not sure if It looks hard to copy?

Hi Emma its pretty easy to follow and ur concentrating so much on the leader u don't get chance to look at anyone else so u know they won't b looking at u, u do mess the steps up a bit but it's fun, I'll deffo have to try it again it was hard at 25 stone but I'm sure it would b more fun now, and yes there is posers but also ppl of all shapes and sizes hun, go and see wat u think if u don't like it try something else xxxxx

cassiecat said:
Well Done Hun xx My friends lent me Zumba for the Wi !! So will try that first x And booked into my Aqua Fit for next week !!

Awww aqua fit, iv done that done it a few wks ago!! Here's me saying today was my first class exercise and then saying iv done this done that lol, today was my first propa work out, (out of the water) since iv lost the weight,, but I do like aqua fit hope u enjoy it hun x

Done a double today done step which is a cariographed cardio work out i kept getting my steps wrong lol but done it so that's good then legs bums and tums again my god it killed more today lol but was good x

I love exercise classes can't wait to start them again. I'm only a week post op (sleeve) so will have to wait. How long is it until I can go back do u think? Xx

HoPe*87* said:
I love exercise classes can't wait to start them again. I'm only a week post op (sleeve) so will have to wait. How long is it until I can go back do u think? Xx

Think it's about 3 months Hun check with ur providers wen u go for ur check up xx

Laura b said:
Think it's about 3 months Hun check with ur providers wen u go for ur check up xx

From wot I've heard my provider is that far behind with surgery follow ups people have been waiting up to 7 months to see them after op!!! It's terrible isn't it. I'l give them a ring in a few weeks and ask tho xx

From wot I've heard my provider is that far behind with surgery follow ups people have been waiting up to 7 months to see them after op!!! It's terrible isn't it. I'l give them a ring in a few weeks and ask tho xx

7 months !! Jeez!!! I was seen at 6 weeks and being seen on 8th of March! My advice was at 6 weeks could step up excercise but had wound that wouldnt heal so couldnt do Aqua Fit - but all healed now and rearing to go ;)
Give them a call hun - you should NOT wait til 7 months to be seen!!

cassiecat said:
7 months !! Jeez!!! I was seen at 6 weeks and being seen on 8th of March! My advice was at 6 weeks could step up excercise but had wound that wouldnt heal so couldnt do Aqua Fit - but all healed now and rearing to go ;)
Give them a call hun - you should NOT wait til 7 months to be seen!!

Mine was 6 wks too. X

It's a joke!! Funny enough I've actually received my follow up appointment this morning in the post and it's 29th August!! I had my op on the 3rd of February!! I'l just have to ring them for advice xx

I had my op November and my follow up is July I think its rediculous cause I could be doing something wrong and not even no xx

safc_chick said:
I had my op November and my follow up is July I think its rediculous cause I could be doing something wrong and not even no xx

Hi Hun, was going to pm u and let u know how long mine is :( I pulled the dietician about it when I was in hospital she said she had just had a meeting about all the delays and they have been funded more hours so they can catch up and keep on top of things. Not really going to help us tho is it :( she did say if I had any slight concern to call them immediately. Which isn't ideal but better than nowt I suppose :( so u make sure u do the same xxx

thanx, I think I'm gonna end up having to call the dietician cause am struggling with eating enough protein I just cant physically eat 60g a day n I cant stand milk n havent been able to eat a yoghurt since I came off pureed stage wud of felt better seeing someone but speaking on the phone will have to do.

How are you doing? u managing ok xx

safc_chick said:
thanx, I think I'm gonna end up having to call the dietician cause am struggling with eating enough protein I just cant physically eat 60g a day n I cant stand milk n havent been able to eat a yoghurt since I came off pureed stage wud of felt better seeing someone but speaking on the phone will have to do.

How are you doing? u managing ok xx

To be honest hun I wasn't told anything about having to have certain amounts of anything. I don't know if it's different now or is it different ops? I've just been eating wot u can when I can. I'm just struggling to get more than 2 "meals" in a day. Also struggling with fluid but otherwise I'm fine :) have the odd pain but I think that's just my body telling me it's had enough lol xx

Back