• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm So Cold...

Mrs Quiggle

I'm sitting here with cordroy trousers, a long sleeved T and a long thick knitted cardie and furry slipper boots in front of a raging log fire yet my hands and feet still feel icy. My whole inner core still feels cold. I would go and have a hot bath but a. I don't fit into it yet and b. we are not using our central heating so even if I have a hot shower the moment I open the glass doors the freezing air hits you full on. I'm freezing. I really feel like I need a hot dinner inside me. I've had hot tea and coffee but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

Thank goodness I only have 2 more days of this bloody milk and yogurt. I guess this is the way it is going to be for a while being freezing with nothing solid inside as fuel for warmth. You'd think all the layers of fat I'm carrying would keep me warm. :winter_brr:

bovril is quite satisfying if you can have that :)

I'm lying in bed with the electric blanket on.

why dont you use the central heating?

why dont you use the central heating?
We just can't afford it this year Caron. With me having 3 weeks off unpaid and the microwave blowing up last week and the cat needing £175 worth of treatment after getting a piece of pruned rose bush stuck in his bottom we really just can't manage it.
We have treated ourselves to a log fire today though as we remembered we had a bag of logs in the caravan left over from camp fires when we were on hols in the summer.

I've just put everyones dinner in the oven :( and I'm now hugging a big mug of bovril with my benefibre added to it lol. Has warmed my hands up a treat. At least I will be warm tonight as I sleep in the living room on the sofa bed so the fire will be lovely tonight.

Kate x

We just can't afford it this year Caron. With me having 3 weeks off unpaid and the microwave blowing up last week and the cat needing £175 worth of treatment after getting a piece of pruned rose bush stuck in his bottom we really just can't manage it.
We have treated ourselves to a log fire today though as we remembered we had a bag of logs in the caravan left over from camp fires when we were on hols in the summer.

I've just put everyones dinner in the oven :( and I'm now hugging a big mug of bovril with my benefibre added to it lol. Has warmed my hands up a treat. At least I will be warm tonight as I sleep in the living room on the sofa bed so the fire will be lovely tonight.

Kate x
awwww what a bummer :( well i hope you're all ok!
i love open fires, so romantic :) uless you're cold of course xxx

I have a lovely fleece blanket I got from BHS last year (in sale as full price they are £20) but its so thick n warm its worth it . All 3 of us snuggled under them & save on the heating bill :)

Invest in some thermals or wear tights under your pants,many thin layers.It will get worse as you lose weight.Could you not have the heating on very low at times when you are not moving about ie watching tv?Or first thing as you get up and warm the room before you go to bed.I couldnt live without the heating and would live on soup rather than eat!

no money benefits cocked up my money nothing for a month no food no gas all most out of leccy good job i got puree frozen other wise i cant eat some people just dont get it and yes i would get a job but when a 42stone bloke walks in they say to them selves omg look at him so back to the dole office sorry for ranting on

I hope things get better for you Dave,life is a bummer sometimes.I have nowt to complain about......Maz x

We are thinking hard about getting a wood burning stove as hubby can get loads of scrap timber from work, its just the mess of having one fitted and picking up a cheap 2nd hand one but need one in by next winter! We have a portable gaz heater we use when the heating is not on, we have c/h on 1 hour in morning and 3 hours in evening.

i feel soooo lucky, my heating comes in with my rent so i dont have to worry, i really feel for you all :(

It's not too bad most of the time with an extra jumper etc. I think it's because I'm empty most of the time and not eating a hot meal which does keep you warm. It's been lovely this evening as we've had the heating on as we've had friends over for supper and didn't think it fair to make them suffer ha ha.

Kate x

I'm cold too and I agree I think it's not having a hot meal. My hands are icy but my feet are painfully cold they are hurting lol. I can't move much at the min as I have a tshirt, 2 cardies, a thick wooly jumper and my thick fleece dressing gown on and I'm still cold. My heating is on. X

i have had no heating for years. I am suffering from being cold so just had 2 storage heaters put in... i never thought in my lifetime heat would be a luxury xx

no money benefits cocked up my money nothing for a month no food no gas all most out of leccy good job i got puree frozen other wise i cant eat some people just dont get it and yes i would get a job but when a 42stone bloke walks in they say to them selves omg look at him so back to the dole office sorry for ranting on

I really hope things get better for you, i feel the same, im stuck in my job that i have grown to hate because im scared to go for another job as they will look at me and think omg look at her! shallow minded people:cry:

Back