• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So confused!

angeeb

Hi everyone, been reading here a few days now and thought i'd better introduce myself :)

I had originally thought of having a band but came here and found out about the wrap so am now thinking this is the one I should go for....

I know after any WLS you still need to put in a lot of effort but it does help having something done right? i'm so worried that I will end up spending all this money and find it just as difficult as just going on a low calorie diet....i'm not expecting a walk in the park but guess i need reassurance that it does help!

I keep find stories of people who have still put weight back on and it's worrying me I have to admit.

I am determined! I really want this to work after so many years of yoyo'ing....i'm such a grazer and hope i can finally rid myself of this habit and learn to eat properly.

Hi welcome to the site...........
There are a few wrappers here, we're all recently wrapped about 4wks post op to 1 week post op.
Feel free to ask any and as many questions as you like :)

xxx

I was wrapped on Wednesday just passed, if I can help you I will, like Clare said, just ask. Its still early days though for me, but I definitely feel a difference. I went with Cosmetic Bliss and they have a facebook group (private) that you can request to join, and there are also plenty on there that have had wrap for much longer.

However, there are a few agencies available for booking up for the wrap including BBC, mediczech and cosmetic bliss, just be careful when completing questionnaires with BBC and mediczech (as they use the same doctor in one of their clinics), as it is whoever introduces the patient to doctor first that the doctor goes with, therefore when filling out your questionnaire, be sure that is who you want to go with. I found mediczech to be cheaper and better service, but BBC provisionally booked me after I completed a questionnaire without telling me, so this prevented me going with mediczech.

I take it you do know you cant get gastric wrap done in the UK, I went to BRNO in Czech Republic, some of the girls have gone to Prague.

Last edited:
hey angee, welcome to the site, and good luck :) xxx

Does the wrap or band stop you feeling hungry. With the bypass and sleeve they remove the part of the stomach that makes you hungry, it really does work. I have not felt hungry in almost 3 weeks. Good luck with what ever op you decide on.

Does the wrap or band stop you feeling hungry. With the bypass and sleeve they remove the part of the stomach that makes you hungry, it really does work. I have not felt hungry in almost 3 weeks. Good luck with what ever op you decide on.

Anyone had it done long enough to know the answer to this?
I was thinking i'd go with cosmetic bliss after reading so many good reviews of them.

The older wrappers don't post that often, but I do know there is a guy Gaz around who had it done in October and has lost a good amount, maybe he could answer it. Otherwise look at that fb page for cosmetic bliss and ask there, as there are plenty of wrappers on there.

minime said:
I was wrapped on Wednesday just passed, if I can help you I will, like Clare said, just ask. Its still early days though for me, but I definitely feel a difference. I went with Cosmetic Bliss and they have a facebook group (private) that you can request to join, and there are also plenty on there that have had wrap for much longer.

However, there are a few agencies available for booking up for the wrap including BBC, mediczech and cosmetic bliss, just be careful when completing questionnaires with BBC and mediczech (as they use the same doctor in one of their clinics), as it is whoever introduces the patient to doctor first that the doctor goes with, therefore when filling out your questionnaire, be sure that is who you want to go with. I found mediczech to be cheaper and better service, but BBC provisionally booked me after I completed a questionnaire without telling me, so this prevented me going with mediczech.

I take it you do know you cant get gastric wrap done in the UK, I went to BRNO in Czech Republic, some of the girls have gone to Prague.

That is great advice Clare. It is not right that BBC grabs clients like that at a higher price. It really put me off them after I had booked and it gave me a lot of worry.

hi deano,
i'm due to have sleeve on 08th march and your post is really reassuring as you hear so many conflicting things about wether the sleeve actually does stop your hunger feelings or not. from what i've read on this site it would appear that the bypassers sometimes do still have feelings of hunger?
good luck with the rest of your journey my love and please keep posting an update of your progress for pre-oppers like me to read.
thanks
jan xx

Back